Southwest Landing in the News

I remember one dark and stormy night with all the pax carriers complaining about the ride and looking for smoother air. One exchange between a pax carrier and center went something like this..”Center, United 84x, you got anyone at FL370 with a ride report in our area?”...”Let me check, UPS 27xx...you got a ride rep.., oh wait, he doesn’t care!” “Delta 43x, how’s your ride?”

I remember one dark and stormy night with all the pax carriers complaining about the ride and looking for smoother air. One exchange between a pax carrier and center went something like this..”Center, United 84x, you got anyone at FL370 with a ride report in our area?”...”Let me check, UPS 27xx...you got a ride rep.., oh wait, he doesn’t care!” “Delta 43x, how’s your ride?”

Ha.... that was me last week. Empty plane coming out of maintenance down south. "Everyone is complaining about the rides at FL380"

"We're good."

Theses type stories seem to suggest that because someone on the plane thought they were going to die, that they were actually in danger of dying, which is not the case. Just about every family function im forced to go to I get a distant relative who tells me their airline horror story and the type they dropped like "5000 feet".
Stop making sense. It’s too believable :sarcasm:

Going into EWR today landing 4's it was a 40kt tailwind at 3k, 30kt at 2k, and then around 1500 a 20kts headwind.

Sounds like an East Operation at ATL running triple PRM's. 70kt tailwind at 7000, 55kt @ 5000, 40kt quartering @ 3500 and 15kt headwind at 1800. 10 in trail established on final will get you 3 at the threshold. Worst day ever..... Started with 20 established @ 170kts with 2 Heavy's (before the lower wake standards) and could keep 5 to the threshold. Crazy stupid winds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back