Sounds like a hazardous culture

By the way, @MikeD sounds like he’s off to a combat extraction up north near Hanoi during the Vietnamese war, on the radio.

Rumor I’m hearing is this second was a heart attack during the landing flare. Pilot is deceased but not due to the accident.

Sad to hear that.

It’s interesting. I was based at a hospital program that had both FW and RW (medium twin) from the same vendor. They wanted the RW SPIFR, but the FW had to have 2 pilots (or they’d most certainly die). It was always safety first, until it was inconvenient.

You know you dun messed up when your company PR flyers are gracing the pages of an NTSB factual report. I’m not sure how much operational control bleed over there was on the med side at that company but that flyer is...not good.

Rumor I’m hearing is this second was a heart attack during the landing flare. Pilot is deceased but not due to the accident.
Doug had just started this job. I shared an apartment with the deceased pilot Doug Davis, just three weeks ago during his training for this job. He was a great guy and a very experienced helicopter pilot. Served in the middle east and as a Apache instructor as well as a Littlebird for Blackwater. I was proud to have known him and I'm sure most of you would also had you met him.
Doug Davis.jpg

Back