Sounds like a hazardous culture

There was another one (which I can’t find at the moment) where there were multiple competing services all vended by Methods. One service took the flight and crashed after other(s?) had turned it down.

When Survival Flight has this, it certainly makes one wonder.....

What are their “different” weather mins?

21FBA315-409A-4E65-86F3-88B1C7C2F1A1.jpeg

"Patient girth is more important vs. weight in flight consideration..." I don't know a lot about helicopters...but that sounds incorrect to me?

Indeed. another item in that attachment that I don’t know what they mean by it.

the whole thing looks to me to be a “Customer guide for using a medevac helicopter for convenience instead of necessity”

The Survival Flight website says they operate Bell 407s. Unless they’re operating dual pilot the less restrictive weather criteria does sound dubious... the girth issue makes sense though, not much room in that airframe.

The Survival Flight website says they operate Bell 407s. Unless they’re operating dual pilot the less restrictive weather criteria does sound dubious... the girth issue makes sense though, not much room in that airframe.

True, but weight is still a considerable issue, along with girth, especially in the light helos like the 206/407/AS350, so Im not sure where they are going with that as a selling point to customers.

True, but weight is still a considerable issue, along with girth, especially in the light helos like the 206/407/AS350, so Im not sure where they are going with that as a selling point to customers.

Agreed. Medevac has come along way since the days of two WIA soldiers strapped to the side of a Bell 47. Now it seems light single engine helos are becoming obsolete for Medevac operations.

Agreed. Medevac has come along way since the days of two WIA soldiers strapped to the side of a Bell 47. Now it seems light single engine helos are becoming obsolete for Medevac operations.

All comes down to $$$.

Back when mainly hospital systems owned helos. You’d see nice twins like BK-117, A109, Bell 222 etc. you still see these and H145s or MD902s with these systems that remain.

Once they mostly became contract companies, everything went on the cheap, and so did the helos....light single engine became the norm.

Look at me I quoted myself.... just wanted to make a correction, they also operate S76 helos as well.

I believe the 206L and 407 have a bar where the left front seat back would be. They gotta fit under that (legs first, loading aft to front).

As for the rest, I'm amazed more haven't been buried over the years. That flyer is perfectly logical for them.

other title options: Idiot’s Guide to Chopper Shopping

Do they run SPIFR? And are trying to say others don’t?
Playing red team here.

Reason 986 why I don’t want to continue to fly choppers civilian side.

Do they run SPIFR? And are trying to say others don’t?
Playing red team here.

Reason 986 why I don’t want to continue to fly choppers civilian side.
If I had to guess, I’d say it’s because competitors are CAMTS and Survival Flight isn’t.

Rumor I’m hearing is this second was a heart attack during the landing flare. Pilot is deceased but not due to the accident.

Back