Soul Searching...

bumflip

I would like to take this opportunity to explain to all interested parties, my sudden and seemingly permanent request to have my information removed from J.C. As you all may be aware, I requested that Doug remove all of my prior posts, as I was hanging up my wings. First let me explain my career change:

I made the decision to remove myself not from aviation, but (temporarily) from a career as a F/W pilot. I had to step back and take a long look at the industry, my background, My personal goals, and my family situation. After doing this I realized that I was closer to my goal of flying than I had previously thought. I made the final decision to trade in my wings for rotors, and pursue (initially) a career as a Helicopter Pilot. With my military time, I have quite a bit more usable hours toward my ratings, and employment.

I have made a lot of arguments for going to Ari-Ben Aviator, and I stand behind them, but, there had been other comments that I have made that I was not very proud of. In fact, I was embarrased that I allowed myself to "lose" it like that, so I asked that they be removed. I continue to stand behind Aviator as a great school to train at, and would still be going there today had I not shifted focus.

My main priority is employment in the Aviation Field as a pilot. Once that goal is acheived, I will refine my focus to include that of a fixed wing career.

I did not mean to offend anyone on this forum, and I apologize for those things I did say to offend. I did not think that my decision to forgo a "free-ride" from the VA would be looked at as a sane decision, and I did not think (for some reason) that a rotary career would be something to be proud of, and continue posting here. Turns out I was wrong (again), and I am proud of my decision. I tried out a couple of helicopter forums, but kept finding myself lurking back at J.C.

Please understand that my intent was not to "ruin" J.C. for anyone else, but the statute of limitations had run out, and I couldn't delete the posts myself.

Thanks to all who understand, and for those who don't, well maybe someday you will...This is just a means to an end for me.

Sincerely,
CMARTIN

Welcome back,

All ya had to do was post this back before and I think everyone here would have agreed and said not only is it the smart thing to do to go with the helo time but that it's cool to have "the other side" posting here. Us "fixed wing" guys can geta bit stodgy.
wink.gif

Good to hear from you! I think a lot of JC'ers were worried by your abrupt departure, and will be glad to see your explanation (not that one was owed), and especially glad that you're sticking with aviation. Hang around and keep us posted on your progress, or at least come watch the fights in the squawk box.

Glad to see ya back man! I look forward to hearing about helicopters from ya. I've been tossing around the idea of going that route myself and I'm sure there are a few others who have thought about the idea.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Hey man, glad you're back and still with aviation. Flying's flying- who cares how the lift is generated?
cool.gif

I'd also love to do my Rotor-Helo Ad-on, but I've got a bunch of loans to pay off first!

[ QUOTE ]
and I did not think (for some reason) that a rotary career would be something to be proud of, and continue posting here

[/ QUOTE ]

There is absolutely nothing wrong, nor should you feel embarrassed, about pursuing a career as a helicopter pilot.
cool.gif
It's gotta be a lot more fun than cruising hour on end with the autopilot engaged at FL350!

Good luck and we hope you hang around and keep us updated on your pursuit!

Heck, some of the best pilots I know are helo pilots. I've got a lot of respect for you guys, especially in the military. The fighters blast over the target at mach 1 while the choppers fly low and slow and drop right into the heat. Takes a special breed. (don't worry I respect any military aviator that flies into battle).

As long as you are getting paid to fly, who cares what you are sitting in
grin.gif
Definately keep us updated on your progress. Maybe Doug will even start a new helicopter forum, because I am sure there would be enough questions about the topic. Take care

Happy Flying!
grin.gif

Welcome back. Hey a pilot's a pilot. Weather you fly a helo or a 747, it doesn't matter. Soul searching is a good thing and sometimes situations dictate that you just have to do it. Anyways, JC is a drug and you would have had withdrawel sooner or later!

We knew you'd be back; JC is like a drug; you try to quit and weeks later you're more hooked than before!
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JC is like a drug; you try to quit and weeks later you're more hooked than before!

[/ QUOTE ]

And this scares me. My wife and I are going on a five day cruise in June and I'm gonna be jonesin' for some JC.

I'll have to tell her "ummm - honey, I'm going to... ummmm... work out... yeah.. that's it.... and I'll be back in a few minutes...."... and go see if I can't find a computer somewhere.
grin.gif

Kiddin'... you clowns won't hear hide nor hair from me for about a week (stop the applause..... STOP IT!!!
wink.gif
).

R2F

[ QUOTE ]
Kiddin'... you clowns won't hear hide nor hair from me for about a week (stop the applause..... STOP IT!!!
wink.gif
).

[/ QUOTE ]

Suuuuuuuuurrrre we won't...

So... when's the big ride?

[ QUOTE ]
My wife and I are going on a five day cruise in June and I'm gonna be jonesin' for some JC.

[/ QUOTE ]

What boat are you going on? Royal Caribbean's Adventure of the Seas is my favorite ship and I've been cruising once a year for the last 5 years on 5 different ships. Adventure of the Seas is by far the best ship I've ever been on.

You'll have so much to do on your cruise that you'll probably forget JC! I love cruises!

Nice to see you back.

So I think that a thread for rotor wing pilots is now in order.

i have a few rotor wing pilot friends if they can be of any help PM and I will forward some info. One is a student in Scottsdale, AZ at this school. The other is the cheif pilot for a Grand Canyon tour company in Flagstaff, AZ.

So how bout it Doug? How bout a helo forum for all the rotor heads out there. I've actually been tossing around the idea of going after rotor ratings, so keep us posted on how your coming along CMARTIN.

Glad to have you back!

I wouldn't think any less of a rotor head than a fixed wing guy (you don't fly, you beat the air into submission!). In fact, I'd love to get a little helo time.

Here's a tip: When ACA starts hiring again, they are very liberal in letting you count helo time. We have a large number of army helicopter pilots who fly for us.

BTW I didn't see you "lose it" so don't sweat it.

Spin your wings or fly them....at least your in the air.

As far as JC being an addiction, I once spent over 2 hours in trying to connect to JC in a bamboo hut in Honduras.....Ahh that's the sugar!

[ QUOTE ]
I once spent over 2 hours in trying to connect to JC in a bamboo hut in Honduras.....Ahh that's the sugar!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh... Care to explain that one, or is it classified?

Welcome back. I was so worried that you had had some sorta family emergency that would preven t you from flying. I am actually relieved to know that wasn't the case. For what its worth, I intially wanted to pursue helicopters as a career but without doing it the military route, it looks extremely hard to get into.

Welcome back!

Yeah JC is definitely a drug! All the people I spend time with assume I am logging on to JC whenever I turn on my laptop!

Mahesh

Back