Sonoran Wings Flight Control Academy

sdfcvoh

This is my Custom Title
Just a heads-up that we have two openings still available for our VA approved Dispatcher course beginning 4/20. I know this is late notice, but in case anyone was searching...

We're putting on a program unlike any in the word right now using SBT. Participants are "hired" into the company the day they arrive, and we simulate real world environment throughout the training to facilitate and increase the learning experience. I may be biased, but we're creating dispatchers that are more ready for the real-world than other companies.

Please PM if you have any questions!

http://www.flightcontrolacademy.com/

Just a heads-up that we have two openings still available for our VA approved Dispatcher course beginning 4/20. I know this is late notice, but in case anyone was searching...

We're putting on a program unlike any in the word right now using SBT. Participants are "hired" into the company the day they arrive, and we simulate real world environment throughout the training to facilitate and increase the learning experience. I may be biased, but we're creating dispatchers that are more ready for the real-world than other companies.

Please PM if you have any questions!

http://www.flightcontrolacademy.com/

Wow, how did you guys score that? Whats SBT? What software are you folks using for training?

You guys offer job placement? ;)

You guys have a short course for meteorologists?

I can't list specific companies, but I can comfortably say that we are contacted regularly about jobs available.

As far as the short course goes, we haven't located the loophole. FAA is tightening the noose on hours of training. You'll find that the majority of the training is focused on making a legal dispatch. Weather is a biggie, but just one piece of the puzzle.

Wow, how did you guys score that? Whats SBT? What software are you folks using for training?

SBT = Scenario Based Training.

The "hiring" bit is all part of the real-world experience. We're not hiring as far as paycheck coming, etc. This is just how real-world we make the experience. Maybe the real job internally will come in the future.

For the moment its all training, but with scenario based training its like you do the job daily, building on the exercise each and every day until trainees can do it all by themselves. Leaving our course, trainees are ready for the job, not just ready to answer book questions. Its how we do all of our flight training, too.

The "hiring" bit is all part of the real-world experience. We're not hiring as far as paycheck coming, etc. This is just how real-world we make the experience. Maybe the real job internally will come in the future.

For the moment its all training, but with scenario based training its like you do the job daily, building on the exercise each and every day until trainees can do it all by themselves. Leaving our course, trainees are ready for the job, not just ready to answer book questions. Its how we do all of our flight training, too.

Gotcha

What do you mean by this??? I heard that the old owners of FCA put on a top-notch course and that all of their instructors were highly experienced flight dispatchers.
were any of the old instructors retained by the new owners???

What do you mean by this??? I heard that the old owners of FCA put on a top-notch course and that all of their instructors were highly experienced flight dispatchers.
were any of the old instructors retained by the new owners???

Didn't mean that to come across negatively at all. Quite the opposite; FCA had a good reputation.

What I was referring to regarded courses that cram the test only. We're going the opposite direction of that style because we believe it benefits the students much more in the long run to learn the subject as if it is a real-world experience. Hope that helps!

Anyone still interested? The April course went exceptionally well and we are in the process of putting together another. This is really something special, the FAA is fully on board with our SBT and our syllabus. They are very pleased with the direction we're taking. You will get a job after graduating from Sonoran Wings.

When are you runnung your next Aircraft Dispatch course?

The next course begins at the end of this month, July 27th, and runs until September 4th.

Let me know if I can provide you any more info. I'd also invite you to visit the school for a tour! Feel free to respond with any questions....

Back