Song Airlines (hey Doug)

pkloop

Hey Doug song is a part of Delta where did they get the pilots? Are they just Delta pilots from other routes or did they hire more?

I'm not Doug. But I believe they are pilots from Delta, that fly the 757/767, that just requested to go to Song, or were put there. I know the pay is the same too, but all the other positions, FA, CSA and such, I think are lower than DL's pay.

Is this all right?
grin.gif

Negatory.

It's the normal 757/767 categories. Some rotations have Song flying mixed in, others don't.

Selvaggio said himself that pilot wages don't make or break the 'low cost' concept.

[ QUOTE ]
Selvaggio said himself that pilot wages don't make or break the 'low cost' concept.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm. Maybe I need to have Selvaggio contact our management.
wink.gif

Oh Gawd Selvaggio is over at Delta now? He was the "jumpseaters nemesis" at Midway and USAirways Express.

That guy hates pilots!

Selvaggio told a group of folks in ATL that we would "never" see Song here due to the structure of the hub and spoke and that that style didnt fit Song. Well guess what just after Song took flight we have Song here in ATL flying to JFK. Seems the word never has a new meaning.

[ QUOTE ]
It's the normal 757/767 categories. Some rotations have Song flying mixed in, others don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, let me see if I have this straight. Song airplanes are just Delta planes with a different paint scheme being flown by Delta pilots, but they are on a separate financial thingy (yes, that is a technical term)?

No wonder their turning a profit. The only expenses they have are FAs and gate agents! They don't have to pay for planes, pilots or rampers!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, let me see if I have this straight. Song airplanes are just Delta planes with a different paint scheme being flown by Delta pilots, but they are on a separate financial thingy (yes, that is a technical term)?

No wonder their turning a profit. The only expenses they have are FAs and gate agents! They don't have to pay for planes, pilots or rampers!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is Song making a profit.....I non-rev'ed up from Tampa with them and the flight was nearly empty! 40 people on a 757 is a little sad!

Back