Something something increased randoms

Unless someone has been hijacking airplanes by beating the pilots over the head with fat stacks, taking cash through KCM should be none of TSA’s business.

The cash isn't TSA's business, but by proxy it is CBP and IRS' business. Having $10k alone isn't suspicious, but why you're carrying such cash raises a couple questions. The TSA just happens to be the point of contact at the airport (outbound).

There are stories galore out there about airport employees living way beyond their means, and as it turns out - they're using SIDA or travel benefits to engage in other enterprises.

The cash isn't TSA's business, but by proxy it is CBP and IRS' business. Having $10k alone isn't suspicious, but why you're carrying such cash raises a couple questions. The TSA just happens to be the point of contact at the airport (outbound).

There are stories galore out there about airport employees living way beyond their means, and as it turns out - they're using SIDA or travel benefits to engage in other enterprises.

Isn’t the 10k thing only on the inbound to the US, to declare to US customs?

When hocking the airline credit card, just doesn’t pay the bills……

"I have a special offer for you! For the low low price of 5% we can get that ill-begotten lucre delivered to the DR! And if you sign up today, we'll throw in one of those DIGUSTING BELVITA COOKIES!" :)

"I have a special offer for you! For the low low price of 5% we can get that ill-begotten lucre delivered to the DR! And if you sign up today, we'll throw in one of those DIGUSTING BELVITA COOKIES!" :)

IMG_0552.jpeg

KCM is doomed.

It’s been doomed since they added flight attendants who can go ‘zero to hero’ in about three weeks, non 121 pilots, admin people, airline flight instructors, etc etc etc. And then add-in “stupid pilot tricks” like leaving prohibited items in their bags and dragging family members belongings through KCM, I’m not going to be suprised or even be upset when it goes away.

We’ve breached the framework of ‘trust’ on a fairly consistent basis where “All I need are my two hands and a yoke to threaten the aircraft” — Yeah, but your copilot left his 9mm in his bag and Jill, Carmela and Todd on your cabin crew are running an international money laundering scheme and the profession continues to turn a blind eye of indifference.

KCM is doomed.

It’s been doomed since they added flight attendants who can go ‘zero to hero’ in about three weeks, non 121 pilots, admin people, airline flight instructors, etc etc etc. And then add-in “stupid pilot tricks” like leaving prohibited items in their bags and dragging family members belongings through KCM, I’m not going to be suprised or even be upset when it goes away.

We’ve breached the framework of ‘trust’ on a fairly consistent basis where “All I need are my two hands and a yoke to threaten the aircraft” — Yeah, but your copilot left his 9mm in his bag and Jill, Carmela and Todd on your cabin crew are running an international money laundering scheme and the profession continues to turn a blind eye of indifference.

Dude! KCM is to airport security; what USAA is to insurance.

When I first joined USAA many moons ago, it was for commissioned officers only. Had great rates on a variety of things, over and above all other insurance companies out there.

But then, USAA decided to bring in all enlisted, in order to boost membership. What happened? Well, now you started having Lance Corporal / Petty Officer 3rd Class / Private First Class / Airman 1st Class Schmuckatelli taking out loans they would default on, miss 4 months of credit card payments or payments on that CBR1000 crotch rocket that they thought was a great buy when it was totally overpriced, and they’ve managed to keep it hidden from the repossessors. So, those losses get passed to the masses and prices go up.

Then, USAA decides to double down by inviting not only relatives of anyone who served in the military, but open to anyone whose third cousin’s half brother knew someone who once served in the military.

And all that happened was that USAA became just another insurance company, no different than any of the others. Non-competitive prices, average service, etc. Even with Rob Gronkowski advertising for them.

Dude! KCM is to airport security; what USAA is to insurance.

When I first joined USAA many moons ago, it was for commissioned officers only. Had great rates on a variety of things, over and above all other insurance companies out there.

But then, USAA decided to bring in all enlisted, in order to boost membership. What happened? Well, now you started having Lance Corporal / Petty Officer 3rd Class / Private First Class / Airman 1st Class Schmuckatelli taking out loans they would default on, miss 4 months of credit card payments or payments on that CBR1000 crotch rocket that they thought was a great buy when it was totally overpriced, and they’ve managed to keep it hidden from the repossessors. So, those losses get passed to the masses and prices go up.

Then, USAA decides to double down by incising not only relatives of anyone who served in the military, but open to anyone whose third cousin’s half brother knew someone who once served in the military.

And all that happened was that USAA became just another insurance company, no different than any of the others. Non-competitive prices, average service, etc. Even with Rob Gronkowski advertising for them.

Oh no, not the GRONK! :)

I trolled USAA a few weeks ago on Facebook:

IMG_3556.jpeg

Back