solo checkride

ozone

Woot! passed my checkride today...now for the actual solo tomorrow.

Today, on our way back, we got redirected by ATC (class D airspace) about 6 times due to a Mig and a B17 flying in/around/over the airport. Despite this added stress, I managed to bring the plane in for a relatively nice full-stop landing.....exciting times, exciting times.

Nice!

congrats man! have fun!
i was at the hanger when i heard a loud engine which turned out to be two F/A-18's came in, that was sweet.....

Now you get a taste of when you get your instrument license. Get vectors for an ILS when there are 10 planes in front of you. Congrad.

Solo got canceled due to high winds (runway is 29, winds were 12 gusting to 24 from 250-260).....BUT, my instructor took me up anyway to practice crosswind landings and such. We were up there for 1.5 hours and it was COOL! Scary, but COOL!

On our last landing, ATC asked if we could do a really short final while we were mid-field downwind, so my instructor had me cut the power to idle and essentially do a 180 while losing 800 feet altitude and getting pushed further downwind. By the time I got turned around, we were lined up just perfect on the glide slope and we crawled in. My landing was a wee bit wobbly, but soft (Ha!) and ATC even took the trouble to thank us for helping out....that was very nice of them

that was nice of them. im lucky here in TLH controllers are awesome as its never really busy. sorry you couldnt get up to solo today... but have no fear for tomorrow is another day! good luck man.

Once you get more experience you will find yourself flying in gusty conditions. Flew 4 hours in a 152 long range and winds were gusting near 50. So those gusty winds now, will be a piece a cake in the future.

Back