So you want to be a pilot?

SOME corporate gigs pay very, VERY well - however, one has to keep in mind the stability of the company one flies for. Often times, if the company experiences financial trouble, the flight department may be one of the first to go.

I thought the same thing before I took a corporate job. I think corporate is far more stable than the airlines.

I wouldn't mind freight but I would never see my family. There is no way financially that I could work at the airlines. There are CFI's making twice what the regionals are paying.

I thought the same thing before I took a corporate job. I think corporate is far more stable than the airlines.

I thought the same thing too. And I suspect that it's true with small companies, car dealerships, individuals, etc. But what i've found is that when things get rough the execs fly more. They're getting out into the field to find out what is going on, then getting back to the office asap.

Although we're a big line item on the P&L, it isn't hard to quantify our value. If we can get an executive into the field and home the same day, we have saved him/her hours or days vs. airline flying. That time has value in terms of lost productivity and improved work/life balance.

Back