So Kristie and I are thinking...

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Every year about a week from recurrent training, it seems like everyone starts getting crazy like a mad chimpanzee at the zoo and starts flinging poo around.

So it's study study study, break out the halon fire extinguisher for the ensuing flame war, study, extinguish, study, extinguish...

It's spring boys! If you're married, take the wife out on a date! If you're single, take someone else's wife out on a date! (Kristie: "(Doug) You're awful!!") You'll feel much better and I think everyone would get along much better!

Low and behold, I'm a week from recurrent training as spring's about to start and WOO HOO! Here I am logging into the windows domain at a dummy terminal in Tuscon to stop the mad zoo chimpanzees from flinging poo at each other... ha!
smile.gif

What? Stay away from my wife! Get your own boys...
smile.gif

Great idea! I might forgo the date part and just get to the fooling around part.
Everyone needs to do more of that eh!

Guys just remember make sure the husband of the wife you take out is not some 300 lb cage wrestler.

Tomorrow I'm heading to the beach (here in San Diego), then Palm Springs at night for a little adult beverage consumption and mischief....
grin.gif

P.S. In reference to your "recurrent experience" newsletter.... a great "local flavor" restaurant for Tucson is called "Mi Nidito", about a 7 minute drive from the airport. A culinary jewel in a tiny building with a long history of famous visitors... the president between the Bushes lunched there.

Reviews: ""Best Sonoran-Style Restaurant"..."Readers' Pick: Mi Nidito has been a local treasure for about 40 years - great food, friendly people and a festive interior. There's usually a wait at peak times, but don't let that stop you. The food is consistently excellent."..."Mi Nidito can't be recommended too highly.""

Check it out!

Doug.. does Delta make you guys do 2-hour showtimes when you're on reserve?

Also, how come there's a San Diego DL MEC, when there isn't a pilot base out here?

Howdv,

I'm going to be in San Diego (North Island) on Sun working with the SEALS for a week. I've never been to San Diego. What can I do around the area not to far from base? Good eats? Liquid courage?

If any mil members here from North Island, stop by the WY ANG 130. I think I can get you on the orders and possible ride.

Doug,

Best Tucson Mexican Rest. is El Charro Cafe in the downtown area. It is on Court Ave me thinks. I lived there for almost 4 years and flew 130s out of DM.

Ya'll take care and fly and sim safe,

C Bow

[ QUOTE ]
Doug.. does Delta make you guys do 2-hour showtimes when you're on reserve?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're on "short call" -- I think there are three short call periods per reserve line of time. The rest are "long calls" which are 12-hour notice.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, how come there's a San Diego DL MEC, when there isn't a pilot base out here?

[/ QUOTE ]

We've got a base in LAX/ONT/SNA but to answer your question, I dunno!

Skyrunner, if you're sticking close to the base, there is a beach on the Norht Island, but it's raining at the moment, so maybe it will clear up and warm up for you. Downtown Coronado is cool. Some fancy shops and restraunts. Downtown San Diego is just across the bay. Go to the Gas Lamp Quarter. A lot of cool bar and grills. San Diego Zoo and Balboa Park is close. Sea World is a little drive away. You guy's will be parked just down the street from our hangar.

In the gaslamp, go to "Freds" mexican cantina. It's where I traditionally enjoy a carne asada quesadilla and a 'frosted barley soda' on a long layover in SAN. Or Jimmy Love's if you're interested in a more upstanding environment or flying with a high maintenance captain.

Stay OUT AND AS FAR AWAY from "Star 69" across from the Horton Plaza.

[ QUOTE ]
So, Kristie, what are you doing Saturday night?

[/ QUOTE ]

uhh.. went to a dbacks game... sorry - most date nights are exclusively my husbands time! hahahahah

nice try though - :)

Yeah, D'backs WON! Take that, 'Lanta (not so) Braves!

Too bad we won the series Doug.... I get a bad feeling everytime i think of the Dbacks after 2001.
crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Too bad we won the series Doug.... I get a bad feeling everytime i think of the Dbacks after 2001.
crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

tonight my Phils take on the D-backs. Are you going Doug??

Back