So I'm listening to the new Haneda ATC feed...

Well I understand everything...

I guess that is because I use to live in Japan and I learned the language, somewhat.

You can't really have "formal training" on that stuff. You just look across the cockpit and go, "What the Efff did they just say!?!"

Then ask them to repeat it. Sometimes alot....

There are some different phrases like "Callyouback" which translates to "Standby" or "Line up and wait" which is "position and hold".

One of the things in Europe, btw, good morning from Madrid (Massive crowds, I only saw one broken window and a single fight after they whipped Russia 3-0 last night), but often they'll even say, "After the arriving 737, line up and wait"... Sometimes the traffic is still a few miles out so you'd better pay attention! :)

Two-eared headset, having my chart out and having the flying pilots FMS page on the "legs page 1" and the other pilots FMS on "legs page 2" helps out tremendously when given directs to obscure waypoints.

Two-eared headset, having my chart out

Definately.....extra crewmembers help too...

and having the flying pilots FMS page on the "legs page 1" and the other pilots FMS on "legs page 2" helps out tremendously when given directs to obscure waypoints.

What is this "FMS" you speak of? Is that some sort of light twin wizadry?

Yes, indeed, light twin slow-jet wizardry!

You on the road too, maing?

Yes, indeed, light twin slow-jet wizardry!

You on the road too, maing?

BTW, they are running the -400's at CI20. So it's like .84 to .78M.....you think you'll never get there!!!

Yeah boy. Doing the Humpty-hump to LAX, albeit 4 hrs late tonight. Hopefully get my direct to the house, but prolly not.

May try to catch SouthernJets to the ATL. Is there anyway to list for the JS as an offline guy? I checked the TravelNet (thanks to the wife's bennies) and there are seats.

Back to topic....you oughta see if they got Naha control too. I heard some cool airlines fly through the airspace. Should be 127.5 for the VHF freq if they give you a choice

Yeah they can be hard to understand. Lucky for me I fly with a lot of guys that are HKG based so they are used to it. In return I interpret for them with ATL Center haha.

The days of CI 80 for us are over too. They have us planned at CI 20 now with a request to go to CI 15 if we can. That brings us way back to like .82 most of the time.

Dough is right, they get tricky with that line up and wait behind landing traffic stuff.

Back to topic....you oughta see if they got Naha control too. I heard some cool airlines fly through the airspace. Should be 127.5 for the VHF freq if they give you a choice

Naha would be good or Fukuoka. Taipei gets a lot of traffic too. We'll know they are truly global when they have Magadan, that would be a nice treat for the novices.

Yeah they can be hard to understand. Lucky for me I fly with a lot of guys that are HKG based so they are used to it. In return I interpret for them with ATL Center haha.

The days of CI 80 for us are over too. They have us planned at CI 20 now with a request to go to CI 15 if we can. That brings us way back to like .82 most of the time.

Dough is right, they get tricky with that line up and wait behind landing traffic stuff.

The CI for DAL139 (B767-300ER) yesterday was like 700, which put them at .837M at FL300. Not even kidding. They were cleared for .81M at FL360 with Boston, but they still had to divert to TYS for fuel.

...Anyhow, aren't most, if not all, of CX's pilots British? They must have been based in HKG for a while to get used to the accent.

BTW, they are running the -400's at CI20. So it's like .84 to .78M.....you think you'll never get there!!!

The ER'll do .83 .84, but it's about like begging the devil for a cold glass of sweet tea and it pisses out fuel like it's on diuretics.

May try to catch SouthernJets to the ATL. Is there anyway to list for the JS as an offline guy? I checked the TravelNet (thanks to the wife's bennies) and there are seats.

No way for an offline guy to list I don't believe, I'll check though.

The CI for DAL139 (B767-300ER) yesterday was like 700, which put them at .837M at FL300. Not even kidding. They were cleared for .81M at FL360 with Boston, but they still had to divert to TYS for fuel.

...Anyhow, aren't most, if not all, of CX's pilots British? They must have been based in HKG for a while to get used to the accent.

How'd you get the cost indexes?

Usually CI 80 on the -400 will give us around .84-.85M. If we want to start sriously drinking the fuel we can crank it up past .88M.

Most of our pilots are Aussie followed by Brits, Canadians, and the rest of us. I forget how many nationalities, it is something like 50 nationalities on the flight deck at CX.

Back