So I...

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Saw DE727UPS browsing an old thread about this and thought, "What the heck?"
smile.gif

Gawsh Doug...I'm all choked up....

And to think that silly "We need a freight fourm" thread actually came to something....

I can only say I'll visit this forum often and try to pass on what I know about flying freight.

I've only flown for one pax company and that was my first job doing Grand Canyon tours in small Cessna's. Have flown freight in Aero Commander 500's, Convair 640's, and the Boeing 727. I was lucky to get hired at UPS fairly early on during a time of rapid hiring (early 90's). Didn't have any contacts at UPS or even a great desire to spend my career there when I got hired (didn't tell them that) but I've been very blessed with my job. That's not to say it isn't a royal pain in the you-know-what sometimes or that I bleed brown....but flying freight has been good to me.

Some nice things about flying freight....

1. Good stability if you fly for one of the larger carriers.
2. You don't have to wait in long TSA lines at the airport, though we do get screened coming on the property.
3. Boxes don't whine or complain
4. ATC is less of a hassle at 3am
5. Ummm...that's all I can think of right now...better go have my coffee....

Oh Yea, I was just reading that thread yesterday, and thought a freight forum would be nice. Thanks Doug
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Some nice things about flying freight....

1. Good stability if you fly for one of the larger carriers.
2. You don't have to wait in long TSA lines at the airport, though we do get screened coming on the property.
3. Boxes don't whine or complain
4. ATC is less of a hassle at 3am
5. Ummm...that's all I can think of right now...better go have my coffee....

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree.

Freight dog for 3 years and loved it.

MD

Awesome! Since I hope to be a freight dawg sometime in the not-too-distant future, I'll be tuning in a lot! Thanks Doug!
smile.gif

Merry Christmas!

Are you saying you only work 8 days a month...not bad. Besides a weekend layover, how is it you don't work during the 14 days your on? Reserve maybe?

[ QUOTE ]
Are you saying you only work 8 days a month...not bad. Besides a weekend layover, how is it you don't work during the 14 days your on? Reserve maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

Trying to work less then you already to Don
tongue.gif
Did you fly less 100 hours this year?

Looks like I'll be at 99 hours including the flight I do on December 31st. Those days are over, though....I'll fly a lot more on the 757.

Back