Small R/C jet crash videos

A300Capt

Freight Dawg
This is a 12mb .wmv file showing some small radio controlled jets($$) with a few crash landings. Some of these people spent a lot of time and money building these jets.

Small R/C jet crash videos

Here's a link to a website showing some incredible radio controlled model aircraft flying. Don't worry about the website being in Russian. Just click on the pics and enjoy the videos.

R/C flying demos

Some of the crash landings weren't pretty bad...

But the landing by the MIG-15 was just WRONG.
shocked.gif

I love RC planes....I have about ten of them...My dad and I were nuts into them a few years back...Ive had the urge recently to fly them again...They are soo much fun.

[ QUOTE ]
They look really cool!

Are the basic starter models very difficult to fly?

[/ QUOTE ]

The Basic starter models are pretty easy to fly...they can float around forever. Also they are nice and slow...because you have to remember that when the plane is coming towards you the movements are backwards. I'm not sure about Jet RC planes...all I know about those is that they are fast...and expensive...and they look really twitchy..

I think someone who was interested in RC flying should would find a local club, You can find one on the net or through one of the numerous Magazines out there for RC planes...and You can get free lessons on a Buddy Box. All that is..is another controller attached to the main controller so you can have control of the plane...but when you lose control the person showing you how to fly can push a button and then he has control of it. Its a great way to learn.

If you...or anybody else have any questions about RC planes or RC cars...give me a shout....Im more than happy to help someone out...I can find a local flying club for you too if you like...get you into contact with someone..

Man, being an avid rc'er myself crashes should be expected. I hate to see my planes crash but it comes with the territory. I am currently building a corsair that'll take about 5 more months to complete. I expect it's shelf life to be about 3 months of continous after work flying.
Great shots though, I also feel the pain.

[ QUOTE ]
This is a 12mb .wmv file showing some small radio controlled jets($$) with a few crash landings. Some of these people spent a lot of time and money building these jets.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ouch... Those R/C jets cost about as much as you'd pay to get a PPL. Guess it all depends on where your priorities are. BTW, was that music in the video a Ramstein (sp?) song?

Used to fly R/C planes when I was 14 to about 16 (when I started flying the real thing). It was a great time. We ended up building a Hog Bipe and on the first flight we nearly totaled the thing. We realized later that the CG was majorly screwed up and set too far aft, so we ended up with a departure stall shortly after takeoff. We managed to get her about half way around the circuit before the stall actually broke and she took a dive straight towards the ground. Had her working wonderfully after about 2 weeks of work.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Back