Skywest Spanish Fork, UT.

scooter2525

Very well Member
I heard through the grapevine there is a meeting in spanish fork about where skywest is going... anyone going or heard of this? If so post updates!

Airline Pilot Hiring Outlook Seminar MAY 27 at 7 PM

Airline Pilot Hiring Seminar Aaron Kennington, Captain for Sky west airlines and others will be speaking about the future of the airlines.The purpose of the seminar is to learn about current airline pilot hiring projects and the trends for the remainder of 2009 and 2010.If you are interested in an airline pilot career this is the seminar for you. MAY 27 at 7 PM Diamond Flight Center Hanger 49, Spanish Fork, Airport,U77 A $5 fee will be charged to cover seminar expenses. <<---- Seriously? Pay for Job boards, Career Fairs, Hiring Outlook Seminars, what's next? Give me $10 and I'll tell you about a job!

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=6408383&cat=151&lpid

I used to work there, the place is a joke.

They have zero useful information about Skywest or any other airline.

Thanks for the heads up. I wouldn't have been able to make it anyways... just curious to what it was all about.

I don't know anything about why they are having the aforementioned seminar. But if it is legit, the pilot mentioned in the article is one of the very nice gentlemen on our hiring team. Perhaps there is something to it. Might be a chance to network a bit :)

BTW cute picture Joe.

Ya but now there isn't any alfalfa growing in the runway. They mean business.
The soil is way too alkaline for alfalfa, try crabgrass

I don't know anything about why they are having the aforementioned seminar. But if it is legit, the pilot mentioned in the article is one of the very nice gentlemen on our hiring team. Perhaps there is something to it. Might be a chance to network a bit :)

BTW cute picture Joe.
Aaron is a very nice guy, and a very knowledgeable one; however Aaron is not involved with the regular operation of the place, though they throw his name around to try to gain legitimacy.

I have seen this "Seminar" more than once; and its more of an interview prep than anything else; and as we all know, not much interviewing is going on right now.

This is an attempt to bring business into a "flight school" that is seeking to lure the foolish into thinking training for an airline career with them is a good idea.

This "Flight School" has had two crashes, and one incident that required the airplane to be sent back to Canada in a shipping container, and their primary investor has already walked out taking half their planes with him since opening three years ago; and a long list of dissatisfied customers and employees.

I went 5 months unpaid before I quit, and I was not the only one. Other instructors, fuel vendors, and mechanics also went long periods without being paid. The place is a disorganized mess, I can't count the number of times I would show up to work with a student and our plane had been given away or just taken. I had to reschedule checkrides constantly because airplanes were that we had scheduled were missing, or had not been taken to have maintenance done as required. Hell one checkride got discontinued because the Annual the manager said had been done, had not in fact been done.

That is the kind of place this is.

Seriously, if anybody gives this rat hole any money, I will slap them; with the good side of my hand.

Back