Skywest opens LAX CRJ-700 base!!!!!!!!!!

mrivc211

finally, its official! after nearly waiting 5 years, its opening Oct 1st.

29 CA's
29 FO's

plus reserves.

I think for now 33-35 will be awarded. If awarded today I would be 27 out of 34. Compared to 75 out of 225 in ORD.

oh, got so excited forgot to add, MRY will be closing, and 40% reduction in MKE.

26 ahead of me as of now,
they wont be awarding ANY upgrades for it so you can count those out. only transfers

Heh, maybe this will stop all the guys that were convinced that XJT flying was going to 9E. There were quite a few that started the "LAX is opening SOON!" rumor as soon as the re-annoucement of the Delta flying.

United

None of this is DAL. Its all UAL.

Correct about it not being for Delta.

Part of the XJT+Delta parting ways announcement was, a few routes out of SLC will go to a DCI carrier (probably just giving back a couple routes to SkyWest that they used to have) and the LAX flying will not be replaced.

Maybe they can send some DC-9/MD-88/90s out there someday.

Re: United

SKYW was slated to lose 7 a/c in slc. DAL has since rescinded the reduction probably due to XJT.

I think for now 33-35 will be awarded. If awarded today I would be 27 out of 34. Compared to 75 out of 225 in ORD.
Yeah, but, what are you going to do with all that extra non-commuting time?!?:nana2:

None of this is DAL. Its all UAL.

Dang. Then that means I still have to listen to the "No you're wrong! We'll get LAX flying next month, you'll see!" rumor mongers and watch the emotional roller coaster as blee gets his hopes up and watches them get dashed against the wall again and again. :)

Yeah, but, what are you going to do with all that extra non-commuting time?!?:nana2:

come up to alaska and spread the taliban fear up there :) specifically right outside your house so the neighbors can watch. lol, i dunno, maybe spend more qual time doing nothing.

Work on your dream of being a motivational speaker. Polish up the exotic male dancer skills. Join Amway. Figure skating. Just a few ideas I thought I would throw out there to help. :)

In the words of cartman: "aww i hate you guys so much!". Nah, just kidding, congrats on the new base for all you LA folks!

lol, well since bidding opened im now 60 in line to get it. buuuuuut 6-7 from psp are leaving which might let me sneak into my old stomping grounds.

When the dust settles, it'll be 8 year captain to hold reserve in LAX. There are plenty of old farts who haven't even thrown their bid in.
But.....I'm thinking the base might finally end up with more like 70 crews, which would open things up alot more.

I hope the base grows a good deal, it will suck all the west coast commuters out of DEN so I can finally get back home!

Initially it might create just enough movement for me to finally at least get a line in ORD! :)

Dang. Then that means I still have to listen to the "No you're wrong! We'll get LAX flying next month, you'll see!" rumor mongers and watch the emotional roller coaster as blee gets his hopes up and watches them get dashed against the wall again and again. :)

I havent been hearing any of that. Though I do hold out hope, quietly, that we do open an LAX base. But for the most part its a pipe dream. Who wants an LAX base besides me at pinnacle???

When the dust settles, it'll be 8 year captain to hold reserve in LAX. There are plenty of old farts who haven't even thrown their bid in.
But.....I'm thinking the base might finally end up with more like 70 crews, which would open things up alot more.

Those are my thoughts as well. With UAL parking their entire guppy fleet, i doubt 22 RJ's are a viable replacement. I also see it growing substantially in 09'.

I havent been hearing any of that. Though I do hold out hope, quietly, that we do open an LAX base. But for the most part its a pipe dream. Who wants an LAX base besides me at pinnacle???

I've heard a couple of guys. Seems like they mainly want it for a change of scenery. I don't see how an FO here could survive in LA.

I've heard a couple of guys. Seems like they mainly want it for a change of scenery. I don't see how an FO here could survive in LA.

Went out to do dinner with a PCL crew last night in XNA. From the sound of our discussion about favorite overnights, it sounds like you guys could use some new scenery! We are lucky here at SkyW to have some sweet overnights.

Back