Skywest Airlines - FO

I really doubt they are hiring. I just had a SkyWest F/O in the jumpseat and he said they are overstaffed. I think their application window has always been open, my guess is they just reset the dates.

man people get excited over little stuff and fail to look at all the clues. Do you folks really think Skywest is hiring just because a little website opened up? I think we went thru this a couple weeks ago with Piedmont.

I apologize if this is a stupid question but why hasn't the SkyWest pilot group unionized yet?

I apologize if this is a stupid question but why hasn't the SkyWest pilot group unionized yet?

Because they haven't had the need to. Apparently if you treat your workers with some respect, they return the favor. What a concept.

I'm pretty sure that SkyWest is not hiring, nor will they hire in the near future. We are so over staffed right now, that you can get almost any day off that you want.

SKYW also has a lot of people in the hiring pool. Roughly 50 for the EMB and around 60 for the Jet. I am in the top third of the EMB pool...was hired last May and still waiting for a class date...

The FO position has been open for a long time on the website, I think the dates must have reset.

No chance they are hiring. They are talking about time off without pay, leaves of absences, part time lines, etc.

Back