Skywest Airlines Dispatcher

Phil Schuyler

This week I got offered a job as a dispatcher with Skywest Airlines. I start in 3 weeks I'm looking forward to it. It's thanks to this site and the people on it that I found out about the job. That's what paying it forward is all about, and I'll try to do the same. Thanks again.

This week I got offered a job as a dispatcher with Skywest Airlines. I start in 3 weeks I'm looking forward to it. It's thanks to this site and the people on it that I found out about the job. That's what paying it forward is all about, and I'll try to do the same. Thanks again.
Sweet.

If they bother to qualify you on the Brasilia, send me a PM.

Do the shifts make that job commutable or are you going to have to live there?

I don't know anything about the work schedule yet, other than it's a 4 day on, 3 day off rotation. I imagine that flight availability will be more of a determining factor in commuting than work schedule. There are 5 flights a day to St. George; four out of Salt Lake City, and one out of Denver. I will be living there so commutability is not a concern for me.

St. George isnt a bad place to live. My folks lived there. A lot of really cool scenery if you like desert living. Its a pretty peaceful place.

I don't know anything about the work schedule yet, other than it's a 4 day on, 3 day off rotation. I imagine that flight availability will be more of a determining factor in commuting than work schedule. There are 5 flights a day to St. George; four out of Salt Lake City, and one out of Denver. I will be living there so commutability is not a concern for me.
I was about to say...Getting into or out of SGU on a pass isn't impossible, but it's often very, very difficult due to (1) limited flights and (2) there are a bunch of folks up there who are always COBU in or out, and those who are standing by have two-digit employee numbers...

Awesome and congratulations!! I'll be sure to shoot you a harassing message over ACARS or give you crap if you try to dispatch me with minimal fuel! ;)

How long is the training?

Or not. I ended up not going with Skywest. My class date was to have been in November, but a family issue arose that prevented me from attending the class. Deferred to January, and would have started last week, but my wife and I decided that St. George was not the right fit for our family.

Or not. I ended up not going with Skywest. My class date was to have been in November, but a family issue arose that prevented me from attending the class. Deferred to January, and would have started last week, but my wife and I decided that St. George was not the right fit for our family.

Curiously, what took this amount of time to realize that about SGU? From then until now?

Well we actually made the decision a while back. Just didn't mention it before now, when I realized my class date would have been last week.

Back