SkyW has new fangled Turbo'Propane Aircraft!

Hmmmm...wonder how the CRJ700's climb performance for a missed off the approach into KSUN is...from what i recall, it wasn't good and thus QX didn't send theirs into KSUN (the only other airline servicing KSUN)

I love how newscasters, no matter what, keep the same tone of voice....They literally read whatever is on the teleprompter, talk first think later.

Couldn't watch the vid, but the article says it'll increase capacity by 200 a year. I'm thinking that might be a typo since if you added 6-7 extra emb legs it would add that.

I'm sure they'll do all the engineering for OEI ops like other mountainous airports, but i would think a 700 should be able to do ok. Plus the mins are '1790, it's not that low of an appch to begin with. If its that bad their just going to go to TWF like they do now, and that's got an ILS. I guess Sun Valley Stages is going to have to operate two busses when they divert to twin. It's only about an hour bus ride any way. I've got a about 200 landings up there in year round Wx, it's really not that bad. I thought going into Reno in the erj was much worse. Talk about a convoluted OEI procedures. It should still require a check out in the 121 world though.

My thoughts are with the Stickland Propane Accessory manager who will now be out of a job after serving Skywest for the past 22 years.

Hmm...6 SLC-SUN flights a day on 30-seat Brasilias=180 seats

3 SLC-SUN flights a day on 65-seat CRJ-700s=195 seats daily.

15 extra seats a day on the route. 365 days a year. 15X365=200?

Brilliant!

brilliant.jpg

I like how the only two airplanes they showed were a Empire 208 and an Amf Metro. Yep those are close to a brasilia and a crj.

Just buy your ticket out of twin falls because when the weather goes down your going there anyway.

Couldn't watch the vid, but the article says it'll increase capacity by 200 a year. I'm thinking that might be a typo since if you added 6-7 extra emb legs it would add that.

I'm sure they'll do all the engineering for OEI ops like other mountainous airports, but i would think a 700 should be able to do ok. Plus the mins are '1790, it's not that low of an appch to begin with. If its that bad their just going to go to TWF like they do now, and that's got an ILS. I guess Sun Valley Stages is going to have to operate two busses when they divert to twin. It's only about an hour bus ride any way. I've got a about 200 landings up there in year round Wx, it's really not that bad. I thought going into Reno in the erj was much worse. Talk about a convoluted OEI procedures. It should still require a check out in the 121 world though.

Yeah I did the Brasilia for years into SUN, including several missed approaches each year. Like you say the approach is fairly conservative and the MAP keeps you a few miles from the runway. The only trick is to make sure on the missed you fly to the runway while climbing, before you make a turn. If you turn early on the missed you're going to get closer to the mountains than you want to.

The 700 should do fine. Though I think the EMB is better suited for some of the windshear and cross winds you get on short final as you enter the canyon. Darn mechanical turbulence!

Back