SkyLease Cargo

FlightController

Anyone know anyone who is a DX for them? I got a call from them yesterday about a DX position... Just wondering if anyone else knew about pay, etc.

Centurion and Tailwinds are all basically combined into this one company and its all MD11s out MIA as I know it. However, it seems like they're always hiring dispatchers and FOs. That might say something right there.

The aircraft seem to be good enough shape and the flying looks to be stable. Mostly South America.

If you're in the GSO area, this might be a great job for you! Good luck!

Two of my coworkers have heard back for interviews. They sent applications way back in April/May. Yes as said the company is also a combination of Centurion and also (some may have forgot) I think still Cielos... I've heard the owner is loaded. But it seems I hear that about every 121 Supp owner. Makes sense considering what they've been going through yet surviving... :ooh:

I have an interview with them next week for a Dispatcher position. I would use CASS as much as possible to go to GSO. I am at work now and using FE, I don't see any flights taking off right now (06:30 UTC)... Maybe it's a M-F 08:00-17:00 job! Wishful thinking uh!

Two flights in the air at the time of this posting.....
http://flightaware.com/live/fleet/CWC

I'm sure you've also seen that they had a landing incident twice with the same airplane.

Last time I was in MIA, I saw at least five MD11s scattered around the airport. A few at the AAR ramp (I guess MX of some type) and three or so at the Western U ramp.

Very surprised they have CASS.

SkyLease was built on the remnants of Arrow Cargo, and merging Centurion Cargo with Tradewinds. The owner of Cielos bought the certificate of Arrow Cargo in bankruptcy auction several years ago and merged the companies together.

CWC is experiencing their slow cargo season currently. They should start ramping up shortly. They do extensive flying down through S. America, and they also have a MIA-AMS flight. I cannot speak to their working conitions, but I am quite familiar with the cities to which they fly.

I want to say they did some trip(s) to LPLA as well. Not sure if it was a one off charter or not. I don't think they fly military stuff.

So how did the interview go if you've done it? I'm actually now sorta more curious about this place.

My interview got moved to Sunday due to the WX that went through last week. I am spending the day there since my best friend lives x less than 10 mins from the office. Once I get everything done, ill post for everyone.

Very relaxed interview process. No technical question just asked if I knew how to read METAR/TAF's. CASS from day one. Schedules are 4/3 the 3/4, at 12 hours a piece. Hiring 2 positions.

Back