Sky clear. Visibility unlimited

naunga

Well folks, just got back from the AME, and I am now the proud owner of the 1st class medical certificate.

After the 11 months it took for my 3rd class medical, I was fearing the worst.

Anyhow. Life just a lot more interesting and complicated now. Maybe it was just fate that I was already planning a trip to Orlando in January. Hmm.

Anyhow, just wanted to share (awww isn't that special)

Later.

Naunga

That is cool - now you have your first class medical I am sure they will let you on all the rides at Disneyworld - that is what you were going to Orlando for, wasn't it?

VERY SWEET DUDE! I know your pain after 5 months to get my 3rd class. It's certinally a relief isn't it
smile.gif

Cheers

John Herreshoff

Speaking of medical certificates, a couple of months ago I had my exam for my 2nd class cert. About how long does it take to get. The doc was saying how they are really under-staffed in OKC, but I'm starting to get worried, because 2 months is a long time. Any ideas.

^^ I am confused - the doctor told me right there and then. Or was there something you have to sort out with the FAA - that will take some time from what I hear.

Ditto here. They just hand you the Medical as you walk out the door. Perhaps he was too lazy to type it, but that's just sad.

For between $85 to $150 for the exam - being poked, prodded and probed...and made to sing MOOOOON RIIIIVER
blush.gif
.... for 30 minutes, you would at LEAST expect them to hand write the thing.
crazy.gif

^^^Absolutely! I'm hoping they'll me fly the Star Tours ride at MGM.
tongue.gif

Or maybe Space Mountain.

Naunga

My deferal for my 3rd class took me about 11 months to get from start to finish.

Took about 3 months to get a letter from them letting me know what records / tests they wanted.

Hang in there. They are making progress and have implemented a new electronic system that will speed things up greatly.

Naunga

^^^Well I guess we all can't be the Perfect Human like you and Ready2Fly.
tongue.gif

What can 'ya do? Rules are rules. AME's gotta follow them.

Naunga

[ QUOTE ]
Or maybe Space Mountain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ack. <twitch> Bad. Memories....

I used to work at Space Mt. Some days I never saw the sun. Started work at 5:30 AM, left at 11:40 PM. We referred to ourselves as Morlocks.

My first class was deferred for a trivial case of bicuspid aortic valve. I anticipated what they would want, and took it with me to the exam. It took about two months for my medical to finally get sent back to me (in which time I called them about twice a week to check on its status). However, this has been the worst year ever for me, and my medical was then lost in the mail. So, I had to wait an additional two weeks to finally get my medical w/ special issuance.

And as a side note, my AME said that for many things (including my condition) the FAA usually gives you a SI for a year or two to make sure you're stable, and then "forgets" about it. So all you have to do is the whole "previously reported, no change" thing, without any further scrutiny.

[ QUOTE ]
^^^Well I guess we all can't be the Perfect Human like you and Ready2Fly.
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL!!
grin.gif

Touche', naunga.

What I meant was that I was surprised that the AME did not hand him the Medical as he walked out the door UNLESS there was some sort of waiver needed.

My bad.
wink.gif

R2F

^^^no problem. To answer Iain's question, yes there were some things that needed to get sorted out with the FAA. Nothing that required a SI thankfully, but a lot of tests and waiting.

Later.

Naunga

Back