Skiers!

jtrain609

Antisocial Monster
Heya,

Do you ski? Do you drink? Do you like hanging out with furloughed RJ drivers and their short, cutes wives? If you fulfill any of these conditions, go down to the meet and greet section and fill us in on when you can do a ski and greet in January! We haven't done one of these since 2004, so now that TheShortTrain is living in Park City, we figured we'd rock it.

Skiers, boarders, doesn't matter what you do or what you drink, come give us some dates to hang!

EDIT: And if one of the mods wants to, they could fix the spelling in the title of this thread :)

Funny you just brought this up jtrain609. My captain and I today were talking about skiing Park City this year. Its always hard in this area to find people that have week days off to hit the mountain.

I am down to catch a flight out of SFO to Salt Lake for a couple ski days. Is it true that if you present your ticket stub to park city for that exact day, they give you a free ticket? That is the rumor.

The last time I went skiing I tried to kill myself :insane:

The person teaching me to ski only taught me about the V thing to slow down. Didn't mention anything about going side to side to help maintain a constant speed. I went full blast down a green circle hill and wiped out under the ski lift.

Funny you just brought this up jtrain609. My captain and I today were talking about skiing Park City this year. Its always hard in this area to find people that have week days off to hit the mountain.

I am down to catch a flight out of SFO to Salt Lake for a couple ski days. Is it true that if you present your ticket stub to park city for that exact day, they give you a free ticket? That is the rumor.
They have in the past, though I don't know if this is continuing this year.

Basically its an afternoon pass if you flew in that morning.

I like to Ski! I like to drink! But I don't like hanging out with RJ drivers...Furloughed or not =) hehe jk.

I have some vacation time coming up in January, and i've been thinking about going out west on a 5 day ski trip. I'll have to keep checking the MnG forum. I think i'd be very interested.

when's your vacation time? We're both pretty flexible save for the last weekend in Jan when my folks are out here.

Anyone considering coming: be aware of Sundance - Jan 15-25 when looking at dates that will work. Lodging is going to be seriously difficult to find at that time though I do have to give a shout out to Newpark Hotel - they are keeping their prices low throughout the winter. They have Luxury Suites going for $169/night that can sleep 4 people (king bed, queen sleeper sofa). They are huge, with a washer/dryer, private hot tub on your balcony and a kitchenette amongst other things (oh yeah and free wireless). They are filling up quickly though - but this is one of the best deals in the area (price wise) www.newparkresort.com

They are doing the quick start program again this year, you have to fill out a form and bring that and your boarding pass to the ticket window and you get an afternoon lift ticket for free (for the day of your flight). It's good at Park City, Deer Valley or the Canyons.

So - throw us some dates - when do you think you could come? Are Jan schedules even out yet?

So, I am on vacation from Feb 15 - April 29 to go skiing in Salt Lake and Jackson and you somehow pic the month before I arrive?

WTF over?

How about you guys go after Feb 20th, there will be more of a base....

C'mon, I always miss these JC events.

I'm working on getting the 14th-18th off, but it sounds like those days aren't going to be that good with Sundance going on. Damn those celebs and their mountain town film festivals.

Even if people can only show up during Scumdance keep in mind that there are 5 other ski resorts that are less than 45 minutes drive from the SLC area that have nothing to do with PC; hell the 4 cottonwood resorts are about 20 minutes away. Yes, PC is a complete mess during that time, but the other resorts are actually pretty calm.

As to the SKi and Greet, I don't know if I can travel that far :sarcasm:

I would love to do this. I live in Denver and could drive to SLC. Just give me a time/place jtrain

Depending upon my schedule I'd love to come and be social ;) I don't get nearly enough winter playtime in living in KC currently :(

If I get a couple of days off in a row I'll be there. It all depends on my schedule. I got three days off in a row at the end of the month so I'm gonna head to So Cal. But I don't have any consecutive days off in a row in January so far.

Back