Ski trip date

On that note I think I should say that we can certainly ski where it makes the most sense for the most people. I will be glad to take beginners out too. I ski all the time and have instructed or coached for years. I love to teach and would love to spend some time with everyone skiing all the terrain, even the double greens!

So if you are a beginner, you no longer have an excuse not to come: complimentary ski lessons!!

Ophir do you like the canyons? Corbin said if any one does want to stay with us, that The Canyons would be the best choice to go to. But he hasn't skiied in a looooong time.

oh i love the canyons. that was my favorite place in Utah (well, I guess second to Sundance but that is hard to get to so realistically its my favorite) its funny, everyone in my family has a different favorite, so whenever we go out to utah we each get to pick a place. my mom always takes deer valley, my bro picks snowbird and my dad, alta. I need to go skiing. I really need a break from finals and papers and studying and all this cr@p i have going on. i really can't wait to just get on the snow and leave all my worries behind me trying to keep up as i fly down the hill.

When I was on the University ski team we trained out of Park West (the name at the time). I am not huge fan of it. I really like the windward side of the mountains.

Any date is good for me...got all kinds of vacation saved up--but the more advance notice I have the more feasible it will be, and I'd imagine that'd go for many people---especially those who have to buy plane tickets.

[ QUOTE ]
So if you are a beginner, you no longer have an excuse not to come: complimentary ski lessons!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome! I've been thinking I need some downhill lessons...though I'm more of a lower intermediate.

I know it's infintely less exciting, but if anyone wants to learn nordic (ahem...cross country, skating style) I'm happy to teach V1 and V2 to any pilot
grin.gif

Fischerskaters_JPG.jpg

I've been skiing a long time but I guarantee you that you could still teach me a few things. I wanna do some of the Olympic runs just to see how cool they are. Any chance of that happening?

And is it true that many of the Olympic runs are held on blue or single black type runs? I was at Breck when there was a woman's event and they were going down a double blue.

yes and yes! I've been skiing down i think 5 of the olympic runs (they were open pre olympics) Mens moguls (my bro hurt himself on that one) mens and women's down hill, women's GS (top part only) and the lead off to the airial jumps. its a cool feeling knowing the pros did it only a few years before (or after in my case) I liked telling my friends as we were watching it on tv "I skied that!" and they didn't believe me
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I've been skiing a long time but I guarantee you that you could still teach me a few things. I wanna do some of the Olympic runs just to see how cool they are. Any chance of that happening?

And is it true that many of the Olympic runs are held on blue or single black type runs? I was at Breck when there was a woman's event and they were going down a double blue.

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends, most of the downhill and Super-G's are on Blue to Black. Giant Slalom and Slalom actually have rise over run limitations for them to approved by FIS. So the answer really is that most runs have a combination of not-so-steep to steep to not-so-steep at the finish.

All the technical WC courses are at Park City, with the exception of the Olympic SL which was at Deer Valley. The SG and DH are at Snowbasin which is an amazing mountain! And the courses there are insanely steep and impressive. The only bummer is you have to drive to Ogden and then around to the E side of the mountain. It is still worth it though.

Break it down like this:

Snowbird, Alta= intermediate to expert with insane amounts of powder.
Brighton, Solitude= beginner to expert with equally amazing snow.
Park City, Deer Valley, & The Canyons=beginner to Advanced with less snow which usually means more groomers or hard snow.
Snowbasin=beginner to expert with out of bounds skiing possible and deep powder to hard groomers. (45min-1hour drive from SLC).

Back