Single TP or Piston Twin

JDE

As far as flight experience is concerned, would companies rather see a pilot with more single turbine time or piston twin time? Of course I know whice one I'd choose.
wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
What about all those Caravan drivers? Are they hosed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. That's what a Caravan pilot told me at BFL (Bakersfield, CA). Said it's doing nothing for his career, sitting on 10 multi.

Surf

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about all those Caravan drivers? Are they hosed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. That's what a Caravan pilot told me at BFL (Bakersfield, CA). Said it's doing nothing for his career, sitting on 10 multi.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the Caravan guys at my company as well as at Fedex feeder (empire) were older gentlemen that just planned on flying the Caravan to retirement.

[ QUOTE ]
Still, the Caravan is a heckuva plane, for only one engine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was alright to fly, but was slower then hell and, IMO, couldn't handle icing all that well.

Funny, one of the pilots at SWA suggested getting on with a cargo carrier that flies Caravans to get the 1000 PIC turbine quicker. 'Course that's probably after I get 500 multi to even get THAT job.

[ QUOTE ]
Funny, one of the pilots at SWA suggested getting on with a cargo carrier that flies Caravans to get the 1000 PIC turbine quicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, you do log the PIC turbine pretty quick, but at least for the Fedex operators, you're considered an "average" competitive candidate at 2000 TT.

[ QUOTE ]

'Course that's probably after I get 500 multi to even get THAT job.

[/ QUOTE ]

The SWA or the Caravan?

Back