Single Pilot Business?

But your now a business owner. The Airplane is generating profit for you. What I'm trying to research is, if it's profitable.

Yes and no. I owned a Part 135 Single Pilot operation. It was great when we were running cargo. When all was said and done, the profit margin was about 20%. That being said, those 20% margins went away when fuel sky rocketed. It went down to 5%. Not very good. It all depends on your client, if you have a long term contract, the type of aircraft, (I can go on and on)......

Michael

There are charter boards on the internet people can get work from if they have their aircraft operating on a 135 ticket. I would think if you're paying a percentage then you should be able to contract under an existing company's 135 cert., just as I once did with my Diesel trucks.
A36 Bonanzas are popular aircraft for hauling freight, BTW.
There are problems sometimes getting your money, I expect.
icon6.gif

What about these old guys that sit around the airport charging people for airplane rides ... think they have 135 authorization?

What about these old guys that sit around the airport charging people for airplane rides ... think they have 135 authorization?

(e) Except for operations when common carriage is not involved conducted with airplanes having a passenger-seat configuration of 20 seats or more, excluding any required crewmember seat, or a payload capacity of 6,000 pounds or more, this part does not apply to—

(2) Nonstop Commercial Air Tours conducted after September 11, 2007, in an airplane or helicopter having a standard airworthiness certificate and passenger-seat configuration of 30 seats or fewer and a maximum payload capacity of 7,500 pounds or less that begin and end at the same airport, and are conducted within a 25-statute mile radius of that airport, in compliance with the Letter of Authorization issued under §91.147 of this chapter. For nonstop Commercial Air Tours conducted in accordance with part 136, subpart B of this chapter, National Parks Air Tour Management, the requirements of part 119 of this chapter apply unless excepted in §136.37(g)(2). For Nonstop Commercial Air Tours conducted in the vicinity of the Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona, the requirements of SFAR 50–2, part 93, subpart U, and part 119 of this chapter, as applicable, apply.

(e) Except for operations when common carriage is not involved conducted with airplanes having a passenger-seat configuration of 20 seats or more, excluding any required crewmember seat, or a payload capacity of 6,000 pounds or more, this part does not apply to—

(2) Nonstop Commercial Air Tours conducted after September 11, 2007, in an airplane or helicopter having a standard airworthiness certificate and passenger-seat configuration of 30 seats or fewer and a maximum payload capacity of 7,500 pounds or less that begin and end at the same airport, and are conducted within a 25-statute mile radius of that airport, in compliance with the Letter of Authorization issued under §91.147 of this chapter. For nonstop Commercial Air Tours conducted in accordance with part 136, subpart B of this chapter, National Parks Air Tour Management, the requirements of part 119 of this chapter apply unless excepted in §136.37(g)(2). For Nonstop Commercial Air Tours conducted in the vicinity of the Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona, the requirements of SFAR 50–2, part 93, subpart U, and part 119 of this chapter, as applicable, apply.

Well there ya go :)

Back