Silver Airways Contract

Facing reserve on the 200 in DTW, I am here against my better judgment. Not to mention the slack I took in the 9L crew room!

I am finally logging my first 121 PIC hours this week. Should be at FedEx within the year.

In seriousness though, I'd be happy to answer any questions. I am happy I came, but the QOL hit I took was massive. A single man's game here. Trying to play career chess like a lot of us.

Like no per diem unless you're on duty more than 9 hours?

Really don't have that many pairings that are less than 9 hours duty. Besides... if you are on duty just shy of 9 hours, you're going to credit at least almost 4.5 no matter what.

Hey whatever helps you sleep at night :)

I didn't accept a position at Silver based off of the union contract, so I have no problems sleeping at night to begin with :)

Is this contract better than what I had at my previous company... in some regards, yes... others, no. But it works for me personally and I am happy to have it.

Facing reserve on the 200 in DTW, I am here against my better judgment. Not to mention the slack I took in the 9L crew room!

I am finally logging my first 121 PIC hours this week. Should be at FedEx within the year.

In seriousness though, I'd be happy to answer any questions. I am happy I came, but the QOL hit I took was massive. A single man's game here. Trying to play career chess like a lot of us.

Hi Trav. How do you like things at Silver? Is it primarily day trips? I am currently at Colgan. I saw on APC that all new hires are going into the Saab. Where are new hires getting based?

Thanks
Matt

Back