Silly Me - Mesa

shooter13

So I am flying from Charleston to DCA next week for work. I got my flight info today and I found out I am flying on Mesa as a US Air express. I always thought Mesa was out west. Have they been here all along?

Mesa is one of the largest USAirways Express carriers. Originally all the East Coast flying was handled by Florida Gulf and Air Midwest division. Florida Gulf is now part of just plain 'ole Mesa. Air Midwest is still a separate certificate but they are on the same seniority list and part of Mesa Air Group.

I believe Mesa is the only CRJ carrier handling USAirways (until PSA gears up their program.) If it's an ERJ it may be Chautauqua or Mesa. I don't think Trans states is still doing USAirways.

Cool. Thanks John for the info. Every other flight I have taken with US Air has aloways been on Dorneir??? Something. Twin prop, high wing??? Those were always through Charlotte and then to BWI.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think Trans states is still doing USAirways.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are, but I believe only out of PIT, using the J41 and ER4. Though, I would venture to guess that if US does drop out of PIT over the next year or so, that agreement will die with it. Plus, since AA reduced STL to a largely RJ hub, it seems a lot more of those flights are being run by Chautauqua now instead of Trans States. But they are flying some United Express routes now with the ER4.

[ QUOTE ]
The Dorks are run by PSA, but they are adding a CRJ program very soon.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does this mean that PSA is affiliated with Mesa??

Actually Trans States added a few airplanes during the restructuring of the AA hub in STL. CHQ remained about the same as far as flight usage, its just to different cities now. As stated before Trans States is still a USAirways Express carrier using j41s adn ERJs with service throught the Northeast.

Kingairer thanks for the info. Glad to see the Waterskiiers are still with US.

PSA and Mesa are not related. Mesa is independent. PSA is wholly owned by USAirways.

[ QUOTE ]
PSA and Mesa are not related. Mesa is independent. PSA is wholly owned by USAirways.

[/ QUOTE ]
Okay. Thanks.

I thought TSA was doing US Airways out of RIC?
confused.gif

Yes, Matthew, that's the plan. They have 30 Dorniers that will go bye-bye as they add the 60 CRJs they're getting. The first couple CRJs go in to service this month, I believe.

FL270

I have a friend that flies for PSA, he showed me one of the brand new CRJs...nice leather interior, new airplane smell. Awesome!

Back