Signed up for IFOD

JA

So, I've signed up for the 3 Jun accelerated course at IFOD. Obviously this forum had been a huge help leading down this road to choose DX cert - thank you all for your candidness (special shout out thanks to F9DXER). Hoping for some info from those of you who are grads... Jose1337, pilot_nate, DSG, omapilot... anyone else? I realize some of these questions/answers are out there, but I'd appreciate any fresh takes as perspective changes over time.

1. Where'd you stay? Looks like the Comfort Inn is close, livable and free breakfast = winning
2. Is there spill-over past the Saturday practical day? Thinking about return flight.
3. Anything you wish you'd studied, prepared for?
4. Anything useful to have on hand besides a resume shell?
5. Any other words of been-there wisdom?

If you don't want to be on the record, please PM me.

Jason

Def stay at Comfort Inn. They are so nice and shuttle is very good. The other hotels had many horror stories. IFOD was great. They will prepare you. Im guessing you have aviation background so I wouldnt sweat it. They will give you a binder with oral questions that were wriiten by one of the examiners. Study those from day one. Weather is big obviously, approach plates..etc. The more ready you are dictates what order you will take the practical. Im not the greatest student ever , but I made sure I was in the first group so I could get done and out that day. Actually I went on thursday with one other, so I was able to enjoy a free day that friday. They will hold mock orals the days before...go to all of them if you can. The more you get the questions, the easier the practical. Mark will be harder on you than the examiners, but that is to prepare you. The 3 examiners are all great if they are the same. Anything else I can help you with, feel free to ask.

Back