Signature Flight Support

ASpilot2be

Qbicle seat warmer
Anybody work there? Good? Bad?

I may have an interview coming up soon, and wanted to know what people thought of the place. They said they would be willing to work around my school schedule, and give me a part time schedule until this summer at which point I can go full time.

I've worked at Signature MSY for 3 years. I still keep in touch with the boss and that normally says a lot.

You'll do a lot of paperwork (it's a Signature thing), but it's a safe work place and they are usually are very selective about who they hire which is a good thing. You'll enjoy working there and don't forget to cone and double chock all airplanes! :)

If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.

Good luck.

Thanks guys:rawk:

So far I have found no complaints online, which I consider a good sign. The pay starts at $11/hr, but because I have my pilots license and have experience fueling ships it is getting bumped to $13/hr.:)

Thanks guys:rawk:

So far I have found no complaints online, which I consider a good sign. The pay starts at $11/hr, but because I have my pilots license and have experience fueling ships it is getting bumped to $13/hr.:)

Be careful. Signature is owned by BBA. BBA also happened to purchase Executive Beechcraft FBO's in MKC, MCI, IXD, and SUS. Let's just say that they haven't treated the staff well or fairly. There also seems to be a lot of corruption at the higher levels of BBA. Just my observation, which is worth two cents.

Be careful. Signature is owned by BBA. BBA also happened to purchase Executive Beechcraft FBO's in MKC, MCI, IXD, and SUS. Let's just say that they haven't treated the staff well or fairly. There also seems to be a lot of corruption at the higher levels of BBA. Just my observation, which is worth two cents.
Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

I worked for Signature for a couple years. I really enjoyed it a lot. There was so much variety in that job it never got old to me. I still work in aviation, and not to be cheesy, but I really miss physically working with and around airplanes everyday.

Working at FBO's is freaking cool. Loved the variety, the airplanes, and the people.

A lot of workplaces have issues, but if you go in, do your job, and go home, and not let the BS bother you, you'll find just about anywhere enjoyable.

You probably won't do too bad on the tips either.

My best tip story...

It was pooring rain so I drove the ramp side courtesy van up to the aircraft to drive the crew and bags up to front door. One pilot goes in to the counter and the other stays with me to unload the bags out of the back of the van.

It's really raining hard so we're not taking our time with the unloading. There is one bag left when I step back outside to grab it. With the back of the van empty I reach up with my free hand and swing the van door down to shut it. With imperfect timing the other crew member comes around the corner of the van, not knowing I was grabbing the last bag, and the door blasts him in the top of the head dropping him to his knees.:eek: The ramp is pretty much standing water so he's all wet too.

I appologized to no end and he was real cool about it. He got up, wiped the tears from his eyes, and gave me a pretty decent tip for having just railed him with a van door.

My best tip story...

It was pooring rain so I drove the ramp side courtesy van up to the aircraft to drive the crew and bags up to front door. One pilot goes in to the counter and the other stays with me to unload the bags out of the back of the van.

It's really raining hard so we're not taking our time with the unloading. There is one bag left when I step back outside to grab it. With the back of the van empty I reach up with my free hand and swing the van door down to shut it. With imperfect timing the other crew member comes around the corner of the van, not knowing I was grabbing the last bag, and the door blasts him in the top of the head dropping him to his knees.:eek: The ramp is pretty much standing water so he's all wet too.

I appologized to no end and he was real cool about it. He got up, wiped the tears from his eyes, and gave me a pretty decent tip for having just railed him with a van door.

epic. :laff:

My best tip story...

damn

Best tip I got was a few weeks back. Got a call for a plug in...he will be there in an hour, sweet. Took me 30 minutes to find extension cords to reach his airplane, plugged in for about 20 minutes said screw it and got the preheater out. Took the snow off of his airplane and untied it for him. Comes in the office to buy a sectional and apprch plates (only like $12) and throws down $40 with a "that should cover it, thanks!"

:nana2:

I had an Interview with Signature this past Thursday. I have 7 years military crew chief experience with a Commercial MEL, SEL, IR certificate. The interview lasted 9 minutes. I asked most the questions (what kind of medical benefits do you offer, through who, how many guys work for you, is there a 90 day probation period, what's the schedule look like...) after all said and done.. I was offered $9.50!! I was thinking between $14-15. I was shocked to hear $9.50... needless to say I nicely declined the position.:D

I had an Interview with Signature this past Thursday. I have 7 years military crew chief experience with a Commercial MEL, SEL, IR certificate. The interview lasted 9 minutes. I asked most the questions (what kind of medical benefits do you offer, through who, how many guys work for you, is there a 90 day probation period, what's the schedule look like...) after all said and done.. I was offered $9.50!! I was thinking between $14-15. I was shocked to hear $9.50... needless to say I nicely declined the position.:D

Should have asked questions like whether they give fuel commissions. I work the overnights here and I started at $12/hr because of the overnight, but between fuel commissions and tips, it works out to be making right around $16/hr. A lot of FBOs offer the lower wages because they know how things work with the tips and the commissions. It would definitely be odd to be making $20-$25/hr fueling planes...however much we would love to be making that. :)

Hey Alec, you'll get to hang out with the Rediske guys over there. They're all really cool guys, you'll love it.

I've never heard of a lineman getting commission on the fuel he's pumped... ever.

At the place I worked we got like 2%/gal or something, paid out @ the end of the month, which normally didn't amount to much until gameday weekends when one guy could pump 2-3000 gallons in a day easy between jet-A and 100LL orders. On a 6 hour shift, that was a pretty good deal. Not to mention that a lot of biz jet types would tip as well. Maybe this isn't common at the bigger FBO's though...

Back