Signature Flight Support Customer Service Assessment

ktsai91

I just applied to both the line service technician and customer service representative position for Signature Flight Support and both of those positions require me to take a customer service assessment. I took it one time when I first applied a few years ago for a similar position with them and failed the assessment.

Have you gotten this assessment when you first applied to Signature and how hard is it to pass the test? What questions do they ask and is this an elimination to see who moves on to the interview and who does not?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

I have applied to Signature a few time and have taken that test too. It's suppose to measure your ability to do the job(which I call BS). Take it and if you fail call the FBO manager or HR if you really want to work there. There are better FBO's out there if you insist on doing this type of work. I would just focus on getting a flying job.

I just applied to both the line service technician and customer service representative position for Signature Flight Support and both of those positions require me to take a customer service assessment. I took it one time when I first applied a few years ago for a similar position with them and failed the assessment.

Have you gotten this assessment when you first applied to Signature and how hard is it to pass the test? What questions do they ask and is this an elimination to see who moves on to the interview and who does not?

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks!
where are you applying?

I took it a few years ago when it first came out. All the managers were curious what answers I put and if it was difficult since it was so new.

It's not that hard, just kind of stupid and pointless. Just try and keep your answers similar. Also, Signature loves themselves and their management. Basically every problem that happens needs to involve management. That's what I did a while ago and it worked for me. They go on about stupid assembly line questions and if something happens in this department went manager should it go too etc.. You will get asked the same like but like 40 different ways. Just try and remember what you answered before and you will be fine. And yes, it is an elimination on who goes to the interview or not. The managers can't really help you get a job since its a huge company and it seems like everyone has to go through the same hoops to start.

That's what I remember from the test, like I said it was years ago. All honesty, if you can try and work for a Mom & Pop FBO, it will be much more rewarding. Being around planes, towing them, fueling them, was cool, but the management was absolute crap. I have been to FBO's that see maybe 15-20 planes a day and had much better equipment then what we had. And we could easily deal with 15-20 planes an hour but we had 30 year old fuel trucks that leaked and GPU's that failed.

If you have more questions about it feel free to PM me.

Thanks for the replies so far. I am applying for both the Customer Service Rep and Line Service Technician Positions at Teterboro Airport. I only got the assessment for the line service and have yet to take it.

Teb eh? I know a bunch of people over there, worked mmu for many years before flying gig...

Not a bad place to work... Decent bene's and tuition reimbursement

I took the same test for one of their line service technician jobs in BNA. Was pretty simple, I passed and got the job, just watch your answers. Like someone said above, I think it's BS.

I took it, it seemed pretty simple and straight forward. I thought it was a lot easier than some of the other tests I took for the same purpose. I felt pretty confident about it, but I haven't heard anything back from them.

After working for signature for six years , I relocated state for a new job and looking for a part time gig I applied at the local signature and was stopped by that survey. My former manager had no ability to help me out either, it is one of the downfalls of it being such a large company.Unfortunately my opinion is when the company did implement the survey, the ones that did make it through were not the highest quality workers, rather they were "suck ups" and overall lazy employees and frustrating to have on your crew when you were lead. Overall though Signature is a great ramp gig,management is very helpful in solving problems and giving you the resources needed.

I worked their back in 2011. got hired before they started using that assessment test. Quick story though. There was a customer service rep there that had been working for about 4 years. She quit to finish up some schooling then wanted to come back about 10 months later. However since she quit they had to do the hiring process all over again. She then had to take that new assessment test. Of Course she failed it, or didn't pass it what ever. However the base manager pulled some string and some how got it waived. So moral to the story there is a way around it if you know someone involved.
Not sure if any of this helps.

Took it online today. Didn't get any fail message but I imagine it could take time when you do it online?

Last edited:
Back