Sierra West

vdsteelman

Got a call from Sierra West for FO positions on their Metros. Ran through the spiel about hours, pay, etc and asked if I was interested and if so, next step was interview then a class next month. Does anyone have any insight on what this interview entails?

Don't do it. What a crap bag operation. Run, don't walk away from this place. There's a couple other threads on them to read.

I've read most of the posts about them. Even though I'm worried, they're the only company that has called me and I have spent the last month submitting apps. Not saying that I'm desperate but beggars can't be choosers!

Ok I think most of these guys on here are going off of stuff they have heard third party. I currently fly for them and it's not as bad as people make it sound. If your applying to be an FO my guess is that you don't have a ton of time or real experience and that is what this place gives you . If your looking for a great job with lots of hard days off its not for you but if you are low time or just want multi turbine time than it's worth it. Pm me for any question and I'll try to help

I came to Sierra West as an FO with 250 hours. About a year later I got job offers with a few regionals. Now I am flying a 320 in SE Asia. This was 2 years ago. Sierra Worst is a good place to build time and move on. With that in mind this place will get you violated if you're not careful. During my time there I know a guy that did a wheelie on takeoff due to cargo shift and a guy that went offroading due to a bad nose wheel steering.

I've read most of the posts about them. Even though I'm worried, they're the only company that has called me and I have spent the last month submitting apps. Not saying that I'm desperate but beggars can't be choosers!
PM me and give me an idea of your total experience... I've got a few favors I can call in... Just stay away from Sierra West dude... I'd rather chance my reputation on a guy I've never met versus have a JC member work for SW. Seriously... PM me.

Back