Sierra West Airlines

They're a cargo operator based at the Toledo Express Airport. I hadn't heard of them either until a recent google search.

I hadn't heard of them either, but looks like they are hiring "FAA Dispatch Flight Follower" positions in both Toledo, OH and Oakdale, CA. Corporate HQ appears to be in Oakdale. They also appear to have a base in El Paso, TX where they are advertising a "Flight Crew Coordinator" position. Toldedo is probably a lot cheaper but I'd much rather live in Oakdale, personally.

SWA is a small part 135 on-demand cargo airline. It’s one of those places where you’ll wear many hats (crew scheduling, quoting, booking, flight planning, etc).

From the outside it doesn’t seem like a bad place to work. However, I wouldn’t think working there would make one an attractive candidate to move up and work for a major.

From the outside it doesn’t seem like a bad place to work. However, I wouldn’t think working there would make one an attractive candidate to move up and work for a major.

I agree, better to get some 121 experience if a major is your goal. However it might be a decent first gig right out of school, especially if you already live near where the job is located.

I forgot to mention in the “many hats” part of my previous reply that you can also expect to sometimes get chewed out over the phone by upset customers because of factors outside of your control. Fun stuff.

Same goes for other on-demand cargo carriers as well.

Never, ever move to Oakdale. If you have to ask.....
It is Purgatory, a Lake of Fire, the place where Satan and Saddam go to lie together in sin. You've been warned.

Bump.

Just checking in, to see if anyone has worked for this airline? The new pay doesn't seems that bad, and like alot of other 135 Ops they do have WFH availability. Not much left here in CA. If anyone could DM me, that would be great! Cheers.

What do they pay? I got an email from Indeed today with them included. What’s the COL for this area?

Oh never mind! $20 an hour to start! Lol! People have to live!! Shame on this carrier as well as Horizon Air who thinks their doing you a favor paying you $20 to live in Seattle!!! And that’s with a union! Absolutely ridiculous!!

Last edited:
Back