Sierra West Airlines

Companies do that? Like they put 2 pilots in a cockpit, and for the first 8 hours the second pilot sits there, and then takes over? Dafuq...

I work at the same place as @JeppUpdater. We don't have 2 pilots in the cockpit. We run single pilot ops. The second guy is deadheading with 0 responsibilities related to the flight. The second guy straps in for taxi, takeoff, and landing, but otherwise is free to do what he wants.

CameraZOOM-20140129191221962-e1391382337871.jpg

It's hard to get any deep rest in the Metro, but we're on duty, not at rest.

Hmmm, sounds absolutely miserable. And you can say they are "free" to do whatever they want, but there is nothing to do but sit there...

I understand that, but I won't be sold on the idea that the other pilot can do whatever he/she wants lol.

Well, to a point. What else would you call it? You aren't on rest, and you aren't flying. I get paid to watch a movie, read a book, or go to sleep.

Well, to a point. What else would you call it? You aren't on rest, and you aren't flying. I get paid to watch a movie, read a book, or go to sleep.

I would call it slave labor if you guys regularly need a second PIC because the flying is so long.

It is slave labor to get paid to do a job? What fantasy land do you live in? We don't work for free.

Look you clearly like it and think that is a normal thing, good for you. Sounds miserable to get paid peanuts to be in an airplane twiddling my thumbs not getting flight time.

Look you clearly like it and think that is a normal thing, good for you. Sounds miserable to get paid peanuts to be in an airplane twiddling my thumbs not getting flight time.

Peanuts? We make more than most operators flying the same equipment. I don't like getting sleeping in the back, but I am exchanging my time for money, which is every job.

It's not all sunshine and lollipops, but it's not bad, either. Especially compared to the company in the OP.

They were actively hiring. I asked to be home based on the initial call, it was worth the shot.

They are a week into a class right now. One more week to go. Check back in a month or so

Back