SIDs

FOD

Had an instructor tell me that the FAA is bringing SIDs back. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

[ QUOTE ]
Had an instructor tell me that the FAA is bringing SIDs back. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Did they go away?

Did they go away?

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gif
Didn't they just change the name? SID = DP, right? Same thing, different name as far as I know...

[ QUOTE ]
Did they go away?

[/ QUOTE ]

confused.gif
Didn't they just change the name? SID = DP, right? Same thing, different name as far as I know...

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wondering. Wanted to make sure I haven't been illegal all this time......
tongue.gif

Yeah they combined SIDs and departure procedures into DPs.
The only difference i can come up with between the two is that in the past departure procedures where used for obsticle clearence and SIDs are used to simplify clearence delevery and traffic. I also recall that DPs are not always assigned in a clearence, and it is the pilots responsibility to comply with it. Whereas SIDs are included in your clearence.

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah they combined SIDs and departure procedures into DPs.
The only difference i can come up with between the two is that in the past departure procedures where used for obsticle clearence and SIDs are used to simplify clearence delevery and traffic. I also recall that DPs are not always assigned in a clearence, and it is the pilots responsibility to comply with it. Whereas SIDs are included in your clearence.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew of the existance of the two and their differences, but wasn't aware that they'd been combined.

Learn something new every day!

Back