Shopping list for Mike and the 12 A-10 pilots

Hey EatSleepFly, no need to dig me. I know they have it rough, but geez, our list sounds like basically they don't have ANYTHING. Surely they have some stuff. I'm not saying "let's not get them anything", I was just suggesting we prioritize and optimize so they end up most happy with all we give them.

By the way, they are Air Force officers AND pilots, which means they get taken care of better than 80% of the other unfortunate Armed Forces individuals in the sandbox. This is not to say they won't be ecstatic or aren't deserving of help, just pointing out that they aren't exactly dug into foxholes with one pair of socks, two MREs, and three cans of ammo.

And WillFly, I said electric razor blades last well over 4 months, not manual blades. Mach3 or whatever they use I bet would be appreciated!

Anyways, in the positive spirit of making the list the best it can be, keep the challenges and ideas coming! That's my take at least.

what about a small (fake) xmas tree and some decorations? or something similar to spruce up their tents (or hovels)

[ QUOTE ]
what about a small (fake) xmas tree and some decorations? or something similar to spruce up their tents (or hovels)

[/ QUOTE ]

Now this is a really cool idea. And did you do the "spruce up" thing on purpose?

grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Now this is a really cool idea. And did you do the "spruce up" thing on purpose?

[/ QUOTE ]

heh nope, i'm just that clever on my own (or something
confused.gif
)
grin.gif

I like the shirt too! I also heard that deoterant is a good thing to get them.. imagine being in the desert, even in winter time with a bunch of guys/girls and the deoterants work different on everyone!

I do agree that we should send them something xmasy as well.. but not too holidayish because they're not "at home" like they want to be... i dunno if that would make them more depressed or what not?!

I am wondering what it would cost to send them a turkey fryer and maybe a few turkeys that they can fry... or if that would give their location away... just ideas!

Oh man, that's great!

Now if I could just figure out what "shrit" is!
smile.gif
j/k!

Me likes it!

[ QUOTE ]
a10_shirt.sized.jpg

How's this for a t-shirt/creative idea.
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahem. Corrected.
cool.gif

I've been to the Gulf and even did a 10 day expedition out into the Kuwaiti desert on the Iraqi border. I think Doug has got a pretty decent list for them. Of course it's winter and it doesn't get as hot as it gets come spring time. I second the Gatorade powder mix. You pretty much live of bootled water or watewr from a water buffalo (potable water tank trailer) Deoderant is good. We had to take at least three showers a day. I hated laundry collection days on the ship. There were some foul a$$ smelling clothes!

Oh yeah I forgot to add that those nice little outdoor folding canvas chairs you get from Target or somewhere like that, are really nice to have while deployed. The bigger captain chairs are supper comfortable and are good for naps.

man i second that on the baby wipes...never been deployed but use them camping all the time!! they're great for everything
laugh.gif

I might have more respect for that comment, skibum, if it wasnt for that awful signature.....
smirk.gif

I think they will appreciate anything that we can give them and will more than likely understand an inappropriate gift. Of course we would like to make it all perfect, but I doubt that will happen.

[ QUOTE ]
I might have more respect for that comment, skibum, if it wasnt for that awful signature.....
smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

just cause we managed to go to the rosebowl while destroying Ohio State's dreams of the national championship...
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Back