Shoes again...

BrewMaster

Thinking about buying some Timberland Mt. Washington City Chelsea boots. Any good or bad reviews?

Also, does anybody know if they are metal detector friendly. I have googled the heck out of them and cannot find any information if they have any metal that will set the detectors off.

Derg

New Arizona, Il Duce/Warlord
Staff member
Buy the from Zappos.

Take them to work.

If they beep, send 'em back to Zappos.

SeanD

Sent from my TRS-80

Derg

Staff member
Order online.

Box arrives at the door.

Put shoes on.

Shoes beep.

Go home, put in box, mail back

Money re-credited.

Sent from my TRS-80

jtrain609

Antisocial Monster
Hell yes.

"1461's" should be standard issue although I'm wearing DM "Orsons" right now.

Sent from my TRS-80
8053's for me, though I see you can get the 1461 without yellow stitching, so I may check those out next.

Derg

Staff member
You could almost figure the $50 premium at Zappos as a "money back guarantee with free shipping and return" insurance policy.

Sent from my TRS-80

Pilotforhire587

Lycra Man
You could almost figure the $50 premium at Zappos as a "money back guarantee with free shipping and return" insurance policy.

Sent from my TRS-80
And every boot is different. Unless you have actually tried the exact pair on at a store I would plan on having to return them at least once. I wear 12 1/2 sneakers, and every pair of hiking or work boots I have owned have been 13's. Just bought a pair or Ariat Ropers (kick ass boots btw) and got a pair of 13's, way to big, ended up in a 12. Thanks to Zappos free return paid shipping deal it was no hassle. Not to mention its usually 2 day shipping.

higney85

Property of Scheduling
Lot of boots/shoes start using a metal shank at a certain size. In my case some start at 12, some start at 13. I wear a 13 or 14 depending on maker so it's worth asking so you don't "beep".

v1valarob

Ariat Ropers. Just switched to the dark side and am pretty happy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MOONWOLF

Buy the from Zappos.

Take them to work.

If they beep, send 'em back to Zappos.

SeanD

Sent from my TRS-80

Search on Zappos = "Shank free, plastic shank, fiberglass shank, airport friendly" , filter the results for black shoe (whatever color req', I'm assuming black). Then decide.

USN88

Clarks are nice. I also have a pair of Justin ropers that are great and airport friendly.