Sheffield school

Citationx

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and spent my weekend looking thu most of the post here. So far here seem like a great place to be.

Little background on myself, A&P for year and worked at FBO as line service/management for 4 years and currently work as flight scheduler at 135 outfit.

Below are my questions,

I'm planning on sign up with Sheffield since they are local and I'm very interested at their online + 2 weeks course.

I'm planning to take ADX exam first, going to give myself 2 months to study for it. And start their online class early next year. Then their 2 weeks class in March or April.

Would that give me enough time? Or any advise?

Thank you

Hello everyone,

This is my first post and spent my weekend looking thu most of the post here. So far here seem like a great place to be.

Little background on myself, A&P for year and worked at FBO as line service/management for 4 years and currently work as flight scheduler at 135 outfit.

Below are my questions,

I'm planning on sign up with Sheffield since they are local and I'm very interested at their online + 2 weeks course.

I'm planning to take ADX exam first, going to give myself 2 months to study for it. And start their online class early next year. Then their 2 weeks class in March or April.

Would that give me enough time? Or any advise?

Thank you

I did the full 5 week classroom course at Sheffield so I can not provide any advice on their online school. I agree you should take the ADX first But I wouldn’t waste two months of my life studying for the it. I downloaded the Sheppard air app. I studied for maybe two weeks. I finished my ADX test in ten minutes and received a 90%.

As many will tell you on here- the test is bs. Just memorize the answers and pass the test. Sheffield and your first job will properly prepare you to be a dispatcher. The test is a waste of time.

Sheffield will give you the necessary material to pass the written successfully. You'll have a huge leg up on those that are studying for it during the classroom session.

I recently completed their online/5 day residency course. As long as you manage your time well, you should be fine. They give you all the assignment/test deadlines at the beginning of the course so I marked those in my phone calendar to keep myself on track. The nature of my previous job gave me time to study at work but if you aren't able to do that then just make sure you give yourself enough time before or after work to properly sit down and study.

As for the ADX, you're probably better off following ATLiens' advice and downloading an app to click through in your free time. I personally bought the ASA app along with their ATP study guide because I wanted to make sure I had practice doing the manual flight planning and weight/balance calculations. A lot of the questions in the app and study guides showed up on the test verbatim which was pretty nice. I believe Sheffield also gives you access to their own study materials if you put down a deposit beforehand. Either way, go at whatever pace feels best for you. The ADX feels like more of a pilot test and there's a good chunk of stuff that doesn't really show up once you start doing the actual coursework.

The instructors are more than happy to answer any questions that you have or clear up confusion on subjects that aren't quite clicking for you. If you put in the work, you'll be alright. Good luck!

Once you can manage your time well, I'd say that doing the ADX first will be a significant help. If possible though, I would highly recommend doing the full 5 weeks in class.

Sheffield will give you the necessary material to pass the written successfully. You'll have a huge leg up on those that are studying for it during the classroom session.
Hear, hear! I signed up four months before I went so I could get access to their ADX prep materials. That was a major reason I chose Sheffield-their ADX study materials. Another thing I liked about their ADX study materials is that they helped prepare me for class where there was overlap of subject matter. For example, their B727 & 737 graphs helped me when we got to flight planning, because I'd already SEEN the stuff before.

Back