Sheffield Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this quote and agree with it...

With that said, it would be nice if Mr. Morris would not come on here and criticize people for their opinion of his school. There is not need to take it so personal - his business will always be thriving whether there is negative remarks said about the school or not. I feel that is comes of as unprofessional. I know there are a few people who will agree with me.

This should forum should be for personal opinions, gathering feedback and to overall, have fun - not to attack someone because of how they personally viewed their experience at a school.

My thoughts exactly. The one real beef I have with Sheffield is the open and unabated bashing of other schools and their students and the open threats to have peoples licenses pulled if he doesnt "like" someone. It doesnt "come off as unprofessional", it IS unprofessional.

My thoughts exactly. The one real beef I have with Sheffield is the open and unabated bashing of other schools and their students and the open threats to have peoples licenses pulled if he doesnt "like" someone. It doesnt "come off as unprofessional", it IS unprofessional.
Feel free to cite and document specific examples of “open and unabated bashing of other schools and their students” and you’re also welcome to cite and document specific examples of “open threats to have peoples licenses pulled if I don’t ‘like’ someone.”

Eric Morris-SSoA

Feel free to cite and document specific examples of “open and unabated bashing of other schools and their students” and you’re also welcome to cite and document specific examples of “open threats to have peoples licenses pulled if I don’t ‘like’ someone.”

Eric Morris-SSoA

You threatened one of our members in this very thread.

And I also have the saved emails through a certain social networking site in which you threatened to have the licenses pull of 4 of my classmates who washed out of your program and went on to graduate from another school.

You threatened one of our members in this very thread.
other schools and their students and the open threats to have peoples licenses pulled if he doesnt "like" someone. It doesnt "come off as unprofessional", it IS unprofessional.[/quote]

I have heard this from quite a few people in the past from a few dispatchers I have met over the years and at ADF conferences, but also several managers/directors and a few people at the FAA. I know for a fact that regardless of where people went to school, there is always something bad that people are going to say about that school and you know what? It's doesn't make them a bad person or a bad dispatcher.

I would love to see those emails or have them posted to where he threatened them and see his rebuttal..I am sure it won't be nice, since he takes things so personally.

I dont doubt that I recieved a good education but I was very turned off on the first day of class when he stood in front of our class and said that Sheffield was the be all and end all and that all other schools were worthless.
Not everyone has the luxury of paying the money to Sheffield/paying the student housing/paying for travel to Florida. I rented a room from someone 15 minutes away for $500 for the 6 weeks I was in FLL simply because I could NOT afford $1600 for housing.....it took every last penny of mine and my ex husbands savings just to pay the tuition...and I had to sleep in my car on the way to FLL from STL because it was either gas or a hotel. In addition, in my honest option, it is complete robbery to pay $1600 to share a house with 5-6 other people who ALSO paid $1600 each. Some people just cant afford the program at Sheffield and choose to go somewhere less expensive and/or closer to home. I dont think its right to treat those other students with so much disdain.
Yes, the school has a good reputation and I dont doubt that they are reputable, respected in the field and successful..but rather than be arrogant and proud, you would think that the schools president would go the way of Ivy League deans...be humble and appreciative...and professional.

other schools and their students and the open threats to have peoples licenses pulled if he doesnt "like" someone. It doesnt "come off as unprofessional", it IS unprofessional.

I have heard this from quite a few people in the past from a few dispatchers I have met over the years and at ADF conferences, but also several managers/directors and a few people at the FAA. I know for a fact that regardless of where people went to school, there is always something bad that people are going to say about that school and you know what? It's doesn't make them a bad person or a bad dispatcher.

I would love to see those emails or have them posted to where he threatened them and see his rebuttal..I am sure it won't be nice, since he takes things so personally.[/quote]

Feel free to dig deep and ask the ADF's oldest officers to locate earlier officers to find out who wrote their first (or close to 1st) check to help their start, then feel free to cite and document using specific names of those within the ADF and FAA who allegedly made these statements you're implying. You're also welcome to ask the current President of the ADF about our 60-page public comment condemning the concept of contract dispatching; a document that will likely help everyone on this board, and maintain high standards of aviation safety. He seemed to appreciate the support.
You're welcome.
Eric Morris-SSoA

Not trying to get into a battle with anyone but I think what is really being said here is the professionalism of Mr. Morris is way out of line. The only other President I have seen to have to come to defend himself is the President of the United States. Never seen any President from any institution come out and defend their school for negative remarks regardless if there is any truth to it. The nice thing about it is....you are always going to have people attend your school. I understand about protecting the school and your livelihood but the only people I feel who have to defend what is being said is when someones business if failing.

But on serious note and a personal point of view, it's one thing if a person says something bad about the school but when it seems to come out more and more then I have to question the legality of the stories as being true and start to question the professionalism of the school along with it's integrity.

Ok so I know I’m new here, and I may need help figuring this out – someone tell me if I’ve got this wrong.

Guy posts review of school that says things the school owner thinks are factually wrong. School owner defends self by trying to say what he thinks the facts are. People pile on the school owner for trying to defend himself. School owner continues to defend self, so same people jump back on bandwagon and even call him a moneyhungry communist (how does that work???) Board goes quite for five days, so same people want to start beating up school owner again. School owner asks for specifics, and the crowd gets all snippy with him again.

I didn’t see where Mr. Morris was slamming people because he doesn’t like their opinions. Looks like he’s defending against statements that he thinks are factually wrong. What’s wrong with that?

Did I miss something – if you slam a school or an owner in public, he isn’t allowed to defend himself? It looked like he had let it go, so why do people including another guy who has made about 90% of his posts against this school since he joined, have to dig it up again? Was it because someone else posted something nice about the school and they had to get the last word? Sorry, but Mr. Morris isn’t the one looking like a bully. Come on, people, just chill.

Anyone have a cold one and some more popcorn while I watch the fireworks?

Ok so I know I’m new here, and I may need help figuring this out – someone tell me if I’ve got this wrong.

Guy posts review of school that says things the school owner thinks are factually wrong. School owner defends self by trying to say what he thinks the facts are. People pile on the school owner for trying to defend himself. School owner continues to defend self, so same people jump back on bandwagon and even call him a moneyhungry communist (how does that work???) Board goes quite for five days, so same people want to start beating up school owner again. School owner asks for specifics, and the crowd gets all snippy with him again.

I didn’t see where Mr. Morris was slamming people because he doesn’t like their opinions. Looks like he’s defending against statements that he thinks are factually wrong. What’s wrong with that?

Did I miss something – if you slam a school or an owner in public, he isn’t allowed to defend himself? It looked like he had let it go, so why do people including another guy who has made about 90% of his posts against this school since he joined, have to dig it up again? Was it because someone else posted something nice about the school and they had to get the last word? Sorry, but Mr. Morris isn’t the one looking like a bully. Come on, people, just chill.

Anyone have a cold one and some more popcorn while I watch the fireworks?

Are you on his payroll as well?

This thread needs a time out. I've removed the last few quibbling posts and will consider reopening it at a later time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back