She said yes

Well she and I live in different towns. She was at a bridal shower in Houston on Saturday and I asked her if she would like to stop in Waco for the night on her way through town back to DFW. I rented a hotel and we went out to the restaurant of our first date, and then walked around Baylor campus at night. We would frequently walk the campus during undergrad on pretty nights and sit on a swing under one of the many massive trees on campus. It just so happened that last night was about as beautiful of a night as you could imagine, so when we made it to "our swing", as she calls it, we sat down and visited for a while. The swing is old and creaks occasionally, she said something along the lines of "I hope it doesn't break" and I said "well, I'll get up" at which point I got down on one knee and asked.
Awwww. Congrats!

Last night I proposed to my girlfriend of almost 7 years, next week would officially mark 7 years.

Feels great, and I'm absolutely ecstatic to call her my fiance.

Tagging IslandFlyer so he sees this

So how badly was your heart thumping? It's like even though you know they will say yes, it's still scary!

So how badly was your heart thumping? It's like even though you know they will say yes, it's still scary!
Very nervous. Once I got down on my knee I thought her eyes were going to pop out she was so surprised! She then proceeded to cry, a lot. :)

Well she and I live in different towns. She was at a bridal shower in Houston on Saturday and I asked her if she would like to stop in Waco for the night on her way through town back to DFW. I rented a hotel and we went out to the restaurant of our first date, and then walked around Baylor campus at night. We would frequently walk the campus during undergrad on pretty nights and sit on a swing under one of the many massive trees on campus. It just so happened that last night was about as beautiful of a night as you could imagine, so when we made it to "our swing", as she calls it, we sat down and visited for a while. The swing is old and creaks occasionally, she said something along the lines of "I hope it doesn't break" and I said "well, I'll get up" at which point I got down on one knee and asked.

You SLY DOG YOU!!!;)

Gratis!

Congratulations man! I wish you two the best of luck in the future! That was a pretty slick move you pulled with that timing! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back