SF-85/86?

ATCRecruit

Hello everyone. I first would like to introduce myself to this community and look forward to conversing with many of you. I am very enthusiastic about pursuing an ATC job and look forward to taking the AT-SAT test soon. I was selected to take it and have a few questions. I applied during the public hiring phase. I do have an airline background which I hope helps.

One of my questions is, I would like to have everything prepared and ready for quick completion when they send me the background form(s) to fill out. I understand that if I am selected for a Tower position I would have to fill out the SF-85 Form. Now, I saw more than one type of SF-85 forms, which one should I print out to have completed ahead of time so I can save time, the SF-85 or SF-85P?

Also, how long does it take after the test to find out if you made the top list? I am studying a lot right now since I'd rather be in the top tier than in the middle as I heard it is easier to get hired with an 85 or better on the test.

Thanks!

i just got my test results today, which u can see if you look at my SIG and I am another example that lately, people have been getting test results in one and two days.

I dont know much in relation to the background forms as I am not to that phase yet.

Hope this helps..

Hello everyone. I first would like to introduce myself to this community and look forward to conversing with many of you. I am very enthusiastic about pursuing an ATC job and look forward to taking the AT-SAT test soon. I was selected to take it and have a few questions. I applied during the public hiring phase. I do have an airline background which I hope helps.

One of my questions is, I would like to have everything prepared and ready for quick completion when they send me the background form(s) to fill out. I understand that if I am selected for a Tower position I would have to fill out the SF-85 Form. Now, I saw more than one type of SF-85 forms, which one should I print out to have completed ahead of time so I can save time, the SF-85 or SF-85P?

Also, how long does it take after the test to find out if you made the top list? I am studying a lot right now since I'd rather be in the top tier than in the middle as I heard it is easier to get hired with an 85 or better on the test.

Thanks!

There isn't really a "top list" per se; the hiring panels only see one of two things: "Q" or "WQ". You should only be worried if you hit the "Q" status of 84.9 or below. Don't study too hard, because it's all about aptitude. Either you have the capacity to do the job or you don't - there isn't really a middle ground. Even if you score an 85, you're on the same level as the guy or girl that scored 100.

As far as the forms are concerned, my advice would be to not cross that bridge until you get there. Having the SF-85 or SF86P won't mean a thing if you don't get selected, and at that point you will have wasted nearly a whole day filling out the darn thing. Besides, once you get selected, you don't really have to worry about being done first... it's not a race. Just wait for the test, wait for your score, wait for the panels (whenever those will happen), wait to see if you got selected, then wait for a PEPC date (this is when you do the SF-86P), then wait for your clearances to come back, then wait for your class date -- if you ever get one before you turn 31. Then wait for OKC!

+1 to jerms. You'll have weeks to get your SF-85 or -86 filled out. You really don't need to worry about it until it comes... you'll be waiting well over a year in this entire process, there's no rush.

If you're absolutely dying to, gather together your addresses and work contacts from the past seven years. And have someone from each place in mind that they can contact if you're doing the SF-86.

Back