SES!!

Louie1975

Hi Folks:
Just wanted to post that I passed my SES rating on Tuesday, July 1st. I did it at Alaska Float Ratings in Moose Pass, Alaska. I decided to trek there from NYC after I read the article about it in AOPA magazine. What an awesome experience. Alaska is amazing. The landing and taking off wasn't that hard but getting used to a Super Cub was. I used to think airliners were like Caddies and the 172R that I fly was like a VW but NOPE, the 172R is a caddy and the Cub is the VW. It was excellent for getting back to basics. I would buy a Super Cub after this experience. One of the things that made it hard was throttle on the left and stick in the center, which made the first hour a bit scary!
Anyway, I want to learn as much as possible about flying and develop good stick and rudder skills and this seemed like a good way.

Louie

Congrats!
cool.gif

Sounds like a blast! I was scheduled to do mine up in Michigan next month, but I'm going to have to cancel it....too poor at the moment.
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
The landing and taking off wasn't that hard but getting used to a Super Cub was.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you there. I flew a J3 for my SES, it was a total and complete blast. But Alaska...WOW! I'm jealous. Congrats!
cool.gif

Sarah

Back