Seeking Low-Time(-ish) Jobs in Seattle/PNW

Bitter survey pilots at the end of the season are bitter... ;-)

Doing a line gig to get a discount on your CFI isn't a bad option. I worked the front desk at my flight school after I got my Comm ASEL for the discount and saved a boat load of money. It's all a means to an end. While I worked the desk they gave me a couple of paid ferrying gigs too to start to building my time.
Not bitter, just wouldn't want to see someone take a step backward if they don't have to. I worked the line back when I was finishing up my commercial and learned a lot, but I'm not sure I'd head right back to the tug after spending some time on the other end of the tow bar

hahahhaaa no when I was in AR I never made it to the KLIT.

Shoulda thought twice before I asked "where the bush at?"
That's almost as bad.

I'm referring to bush flying in Alaska. There's a bunch of 135VFR(500TT) operators that fly various aircraft mostly on a 2 on 2 off schedule out of places like Bethel, Kotzebue, Aniak, Nome, Barrow and Deadhorse. I probably missed some towns and you can probably find the various operators if you search. Yute and Grant come to mind but there are many.

There's also San Juan Airlines which is just up the road from you that flies VFR.

I have a friend who is a 76 capt at Atlas. Met him when he was pumping gas at Flightcraft at BFI. He eventually went to a pax turbine commuter in AK. I would think pumping gas on the general aviation side would be good networking. Put a "will fly for food patch" on your vest. Good conversation starter with the corporate guys.

Where is the "bush"?
here ya' go...
ha.jpg

Back