Seeking Help for Finding New Corporate or Charter Job.

Tdwnds1

Hi All,

This is my first post. Recently I was laid off from my Corporate Pilot job here in Ohio.

Since this is the Networking board, I am seeking help from anyone who can give me a lead or walk in my resume to either a corporate flight department or a Part 135 charter department. I have over 2600 hours flight time and over 600 hours jet time (Hawker -700 and 800). I would love to find a new job flying the same type of aircraft, BUT I am open to most anything with jet engines and wings :). I will go anywhere in the US. Although if I can stay in Ohio that would help.

Any help would be appreciated. If you can help my email is:

Thanks! Tdwnds1@aol.com

Who were you working for? I am here in Columbus, OH and trying to meet other pilots in the area. I know netjets is still in a hiring freeze but they have postions posted on their careers section of their webpage. I talked to the recruiter about a nonflying entry-level postion and she said they maybe hiring soon. Good luck to you.

All you have to do to get an interview is: have a close relative flying for the flight department. I know this because comairflyboy got his interview that way. Don't worry about your qualifications, from what I read you are much more qualified than he is. I know this may sound a little strange to you, but all of the people on this board say this is the way things should be, so it must be "OK."

Don't be concerned that you may or may not have time in the aircraft, a type rating, etc., and therefore might be more or less capable of providing safety of flight to your future passengers. The hiring company most probably isn't concerned about this, so why should you be? I know this may sound a little strange to you, but all of the people on this board say this is the way things should be, so it must be "OK."

In fact, it appears that the single most important quality you can show the company is the willingness to do as you are told and not ask any questions concerning regulations, maintenance, or operating practices. Just keep jerking the gear, washing the plane, and logging the time. A few years down the road, the company may even be willing to discuss pay and benefits with you. I know this may sound a little strange to you, but all of the people on this board say this is the way things should be, so it must be "OK."

What's that you say? You don't *have* any close relations working somewhere? Well, that is a tough one. You will probably have to ask the other guys who are castigating me on this board for my outmoded views that qualifications and experience should dictate the hiring decision, not your choice of family members. They obviously know it all, and I will have to defer to them to advise you further.

Have a nice day.

onthebeach,

Why so bitter in your last couple posts? Can I so much as guess you got treated like crap in some way buy a companor what?

[ QUOTE ]
Don't be concerned that you may or may not have time in the aircraft, a type rating, etc., and therefore might be more or less capable of providing safety of flight to your future passengers. The hiring company most probably isn't concerned about this, so why should you be?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the most riddiculus statement I have seen in a while. Why would a company that is striving to stay in business want a tragedy to happen that will immediately put them out of business? They don't, that is just plain stupid.

If insurance gives a company the okay to hire a copilot with low time, then why wouldn't they do that. First and foremost a business is there for one thing, MONEY. Business' do what is best for them, so if the best decision is to save money by hiring a low time guy, then that is what they should do. Bottomline, all the Bean Counters see is $$$. They want more coming in and less coming out to stay out of the red plain and simple.

I know

Luc your my friend, and onthebeach obviously has an axe to grind, but I have to go with him on this one.

Communistairboy posted recently (in several forums, doesn't know we read them all!) about a company who wanted to hire a First Officer with NO experience. Well what kind of job is THAT going to be? Obviously they aren't concerned about safety.

Sounds to me like they want a very grateful, willing to do anything to fly, yes-man. If I could find the name of the company I might even call their local FSDO and have them go do a maintenance check.

Why else would a company want someone with no experience?

Hey, disagreemnet is a good form of communication that gets things out, so it is all good.

I know comairflyboy didn't post in this forum but I'll still say this here. I suppose we should wait to see what time he has. Obviously he will have his commercial multi instrument to get hired into the right seat, but that is not saying he is a bad pilot. Chicago Express found somthing in FlyChicaga and thought he was safe enough to fly up to 34 passengers around in the Saab.

But, I will have to go with you on this one, maybe this company is on the edge of being safe. Advertising the fact that your company wants a low time pilot should be a red flag to someone applying to that job. I'll just say this in closing, today I was flying my approaces at 115 kts instead of 100 kts, all I can say is WOW there is a difference. I did all right with it but imagine stepping up even faster with a Lear 60, talk about a handfull.

[ QUOTE ]
. Chicago Express found somthing in FlyChicaga and thought he was safe enough to fly up to 34 passengers around in the Saab.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I hear they hire anyone with a pulse..........
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I hear they hire anyone with a pulse..........

[/ QUOTE ]

Are they owned by Walt Disney World?
smile.gif

And I just checked, I have a pulse. Can I fly Saabs now? The C-172 is just getting old....

Back