SEE IT: Huge scorpion crawls out of plane's overhead bin

Alright sir we have you all set for your flight on the 14th to the clearway at the end of runway 25L in Jakarta. We do have seats available in our non-scorpions falling from the roof section for a nominal fee. Are you interested in upgrading?

It's a joke. Lighten up, Francis
I know, I was just kidding as well. I've had to deal with a G-IV that had it's interior damaged by either mice or rats that got into the snacks and then decided the seats tasted good because the door was left open overnight at an outstation. Were the offensive rodents still onboard? No one knew. Empty everything edible out of the airplane and look in every conceivable, accessible spot with no results. Trying to find an exterminator willing to work in a jet is impossible. So we left buckets of blocks of dry ice and closed all the doors, sealed up the outflow valves and the ram air inlet and walked away for 24 hours. When we opened the door we let the airplane air out a bit and investigated, we didn't find anything. Never saw so much as a turd afterwards and never dealt with any bad smells. I suspect the rodents in Teterboro were experienced bandits that get in and out if given the opportunity. Getting the seats recovered was a bonus, the airplane needed it before any of this nonsense. I guess the lesson is no matter how long you plan on being away from the airplane just close the door.

I am happy with my car insurance. Thanks though!

Why is that a MX issue? I don't like it any more than you do. Call the cleaning company.
Rodents, bugs, and arachnids are all Mx problems in the beginning. Then its Orkin time! When we got Royal Air Morac 767s in for check, most of them had bad roach infestations. They had to spray one aircraft 4 times to ge them all.

Rodents, bugs, and arachnids are all Mx problems in the beginning. Then its Orkin time! When we got Royal Air Morac 767s in for check, most of them had bad roach infestations. They had to spray one aircraft 4 times to ge them all.

Sulfuryl fluoride kills bugs dead....and everything else under the tent...

Back in my days on the ramp had a dog get loose in the back of a 737-900 on a short MSY-IAH trip. Tried toopen the bin door and he was damn near death as the out station put him in and apparently forgot to notify the crew. Finally get the door open and man....he sh%# all over the sliding carpet in bin 3. It was a hot stinky mess for at least the first 6-8 feet.

Never seen a MX guy curse so loudly and emphatically before and since.

Back