SEE IT: Huge scorpion crawls out of plane's overhead bin

Oxman

NOPE..... I'd break every Track and Field Hurdle record running over the seat rows. Imagine that dropping in your lap or into some woman's cleavage. (OK.. the cleavage one is funny).

This is one frightening tail.
Lion Air passengers got quite the scare when they saw what appeared to be a scorpion crawling along the plane’s overhead bin.

A woman opened an overhead luggage compartment when the flight landed in Jakarta, Indonesia, on Feb. 14.
“When the plane had landed, one passenger was taking their things out of the compartment, that's when suddenly the scorpion appeared above our seat,” passenger Karim Taslin said, The Straits Times reported.

“I was in row 19 with two other passengers, an elderly married couple. When we saw the scorpion above our heads we rushed out as fast as we could.”
Taslin called for help and pressed the emergency button, but the narrow aisles cramped with passengers wanting to alight made it difficulty for crews to respond, the International Business Times reported.
The cabin crew tried to locate the poisonous arachnid, but they were unable to find it.
Witnesses believe the animal looked like a poisonous Asian forest scorpion, which can grow up to 5 inches long.
Lion Air spokesman Danang Mandala Prihantoro said the appearance of the animal is being investigated, according to the Straits Times.

He also assured future passengers the “plane was properly examined to eliminate any possible pest threat.”

Very impressive sized specimen. I used to own a tarantula (very brief), gave it away and had anoles for years. Never owned a scorpion but I think it would have been cool (back in the kid days, I don't have any pets now).

Did you know the most dangerous species of scorpions is called the Palestinian yellow scorpion? Aka deathstalker. If you're in the M.E. and see a yellow colored scorpion, be someplace else.

Never felt the need to “own” anoles. My house in FL was full of them. Brown & green anoles, gekkos, curly-tailed lizards and the occasional skink. Had a few mean-ole Cuban anoles and iguanas as well. The Cuban anoles were the only ones I really minded because they’d give you the stink eye or try to bite.

New house has basilisks, and they take off and run on two legs. Freaky.

I remember vacationing to Florida and S.C (Sumter) and seeing these things just roaming around. Not seeing them in the north east, I found them to be pretty cool but I realize how they’re probably a nuisance to the people who live in those states with them.

I remember vacationing to Florida and S.C (Sumter) and seeing these things just roaming around. Not seeing them in the north east, I found them to be pretty cool but I realize how they’re probably a nuisance to the people who live in those states with them.

I had anoles as a kid but grew bored with them cause you couldn’t really handle them. My ball python and iguana were much cooler. Had my iguana from 3rd grade til I was about 21. She was 7’ including tail and I used to walk her outside on a leash. She didn’t even have a cage, just wandered the house like a dog and she got along well with our pug.

NOPE..... I'd break every Track and Field Hurdle record running over the seat rows. Imagine that dropping in your lap or into some woman's cleavage. (OK.. the cleavage one is funny).

View attachment 47100

This is one frightening tail.
Lion Air passengers got quite the scare when they saw what appeared to be a scorpion crawling along the plane’s overhead bin.

A woman opened an overhead luggage compartment when the flight landed in Jakarta, Indonesia, on Feb. 14.
“When the plane had landed, one passenger was taking their things out of the compartment, that's when suddenly the scorpion appeared above our seat,” passenger Karim Taslin said, The Straits Times reported.

“I was in row 19 with two other passengers, an elderly married couple. When we saw the scorpion above our heads we rushed out as fast as we could.”
Taslin called for help and pressed the emergency button, but the narrow aisles cramped with passengers wanting to alight made it difficulty for crews to respond, the International Business Times reported.
The cabin crew tried to locate the poisonous arachnid, but they were unable to find it.
Witnesses believe the animal looked like a poisonous Asian forest scorpion, which can grow up to 5 inches long.
Lion Air spokesman Danang Mandala Prihantoro said the appearance of the animal is being investigated, according to the Straits Times.

He also assured future passengers the “plane was properly examined to eliminate any possible pest threat.”
I knew Jonathan Ornstein would pop his head out again somewhere in aviation.

I had anoles as a kid but grew bored with them cause you couldn’t really handle them. My ball python and iguana were much cooler. Had my iguana from 3rd grade til I was about 21. She was 7’ including tail and I used to walk her outside on a leash. She didn’t even have a cage, just wandered the house like a dog and she got along well with our pug.

This made me think of something I saw on Reddit recently.

Brothers from another mother

Never felt the need to “own” anoles. My house in FL was full of them. Brown & green anoles, gekkos, curly-tailed lizards and the occasional skink. Had a few mean-ole Cuban anoles and iguanas as well. The Cuban anoles were the only ones I really minded because they’d give you the stink eye or try to bite.

New house has basilisks, and they take off and run on two legs. Freaky.

View attachment 47111
I am happy with my car insurance. Thanks though!

Back