Security clearance

it means nothing. I had a security clearance in the military since 2003 and I am still waiting on OPM to clear me. it has been almost 4 months by the way.

Does having a security clearance in the military have any known barring on any part of this process?

it means nothing. I had a security clearance in the military since 2003 and I am still waiting on OPM to clear me. it has been almost 4 months by the way.
I also have a secret clearance in the military and I got my FAA clearance in 4 days. It depends on who did your military clearance. My latest investigation in 2005 was done by the OPM so the FAA just had to review it and that was it. If you get a printout of your clearance information from your unit security manager you will see who did your investigations.

Does anyone know how a bad driving record may affect my security clearance. My license were suspended in 2005, due to reckless driving( popping a wheelie on a motorcycle) when I was twenty years old. This offense normally would not have resulted in suspension of license, but i was under 21 at the time of the offense. I had also accumulated many other(6) speeding tickets, up to this point, but have not gotten one since. This offense also resulted in twelve months unsupervised probation, which means I have already had to make note of the incident on the OF306 form. Any information would be very helpful. This is the only thing that may give me problems in trying to recieve any of my clearances.

Does anyone know how a bad driving record may affect my security clearance. My license were suspended in 2005, due to reckless driving( popping a wheelie on a motorcycle) when I was twenty years old. This offense normally would not have resulted in suspension of license, but i was under 21 at the time of the offense. I had also accumulated many other(6) speeding tickets, up to this point, but have not gotten one since. This offense also resulted in twelve months unsupervised probation, which means I have already had to make note of the incident on the OF306 form. Any information would be very helpful. This is the only thing that may give me problems in trying to recieve any of my clearances.

List it, express remorse when they ask you about it at your PEPC and how stupid you were and you'll never do it again. End of discussion.

Here's one for you guys, just for a second opinion...

My only "trouble" was a minor trespassing charge when I was 21... now, after 12 months probation, it was my understanding that it was "expunged," or removed from record. I checked myself on the Missouri Casenet system (lists all criminal records, etc) and there's no history of it... just some traffic tickets from 2001 - 2003...

Now, I'm going to make a call to make certain that it was removed, and as I understand, you can claim "expunged" cases never existed (since they technically don't in the eyes of the law). Does anyone think, for opinion, fact, or otherwise, that if it WERE "expunged" that not listing it would be a bad idea?

Does anyone think, for opinion, fact, or otherwise, that if it WERE "expunged" that not listing it would be a bad idea?

Fact: Bad idea.

They will find things that were "expunged". The form is asking if it ever happened, not if it's currently on your record. Just list it and explain it at the PEPC....

Here's one for you guys, just for a second opinion...

My only "trouble" was a minor trespassing charge when I was 21... now, after 12 months probation, it was my understanding that it was "expunged," or removed from record. I checked myself on the Missouri Casenet system (lists all criminal records, etc) and there's no history of it... just some traffic tickets from 2001 - 2003...

Now, I'm going to make a call to make certain that it was removed, and as I understand, you can claim "expunged" cases never existed (since they technically don't in the eyes of the law). Does anyone think, for opinion, fact, or otherwise, that if it WERE "expunged" that not listing it would be a bad idea?
There is always a record somewhere. Just fess up to it and you'll be fine. They're not concerned so much with misdemeanors. Especially non-violent ones.

yes, just list it and explain it. I had a felony issue that many would think would prevent me from working for the FAA or other major aviation organizations. It was supposed to be in a sealed record. I thought it was, cause i'm registered to vote and legally own firearms. FAA found out about it when they ran my fingerprints. The security lady asked me what was up; I explained it, amended my forms, and everything was fine. With my new job, I just fessed up and they said it wouldn't be a problem. So yeah, just tell them.

yeah I thought that were alot of things that wouldnt show up. believe me they will and it makes it look like u are trying to hide it. Just write it down, admit it and it will make the process go so much faster and smoother. They arent gonna disqualify you for some stupid misdemeanor charge, so just write anything u possibly can think of.

Anyone having any trouble with the "In the past 7 years, have you ever been fired?" part? Oh man, facing some of my past is not going to be pretty.

Back