Sectional Chart Error 121.5 FSS Frequency...

JustinS

Soooo apparently you can contact flight service on 121.5 according to the most current Memphis sectional chart....

Attachments

• 121.5.jpg
    121.5.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 600
Well great, now every five minutes someone's gonna try to call for an IFR clearance and get "YER ON GEEEERRRRRRRD!!" As the response.

I hate the guard police. They waste more time correcting the guy than just letting him figure it out two second later on his own.

Errors happen every now and again. I have a complete NOS book that has the cover of CO/NM; but the inside was published with the other volume containing only AZ/UT/NV instrument approaches. Just a bad publishment batch that we got, because other units and base operations current copies were correct. Glad I happened to be thumbing through it to check an airport diagram....

I hate the guard police. They waste more time correcting the guy than just letting him figure it out two second later on his own.

True, but the one I'm not too fond of is when a guy calls for ops and someone on guard replies "go ahead." And the pilot will say "Yeah we're 20 minutes out, need one wheelchair, and confirm still gate 9?" And the same guard guy replies, "copy all that, yes, gate 9 confirmed" and the pilot goes "thank you!" and signs off. Now you've incorrectly set a pilot in the wrong direction. Maybe it's their last flight of the day and now the wheelchair doesn't show up. Maybe it wasn't gate 9 because it changed. etc.

The worst are the stupid guard police who chastise someone for being on guard freq when that person is working an ACTUAL emergency with an agency; but idiot guard police either 1. doesn't hear the whole conversation going on, or 2. is too stupid and ignorant to even know what the guard freq is even for and realize when its being used properly..

The worst are the stupid guard police who chastise someone for being on guard freq when that person is working an ACTUAL emergency with an agency; but idiot guard police either 1. doesn't hear the whole conversation going on, or 2. is too stupid and ignorant to even know what the guard freq is even for and realize when its being used properly..

I know.

Guard police are a pet peeve of mine as much as the "HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY Boston Center, Airliner 1 2 3 4 checkin' in with ya onboard at three five oh HOWYADOIN' how bout direct to (somewhere he hasn't a chance in the world of getting, like the outer market for JFK ILS 31L)"

Domestic CPDLC cannot arrive swiftly enough.

Last edited:

Been there no fun....ATC went off on the guy

Well great, now every five minutes someone's gonna try to call for an IFR clearance and get "YER ON GEEEERRRRRRRD!!" As the response.

Our school had a student out on a solo XC call flight service up on 121.5 a few days ago based off the information on the sectional provided there...

Back