Second rocket launcher confiscated at Baltimore airport within three days

Oxman

OK...This is just getting funny. Are they giving these things away?

1564752711714.png

Transportation Security agents aren’t having a blast this week at a Baltimore airport — thankfully.

Three days after the TSA discovered a rocket launcher at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport, a second one was found inside a passenger’s checked bag early Thursday morning.

Nearby officials in the American Airlines baggage area located the non-operable equipment before alerting the Maryland Fire Marshal’s Bomb Squad, reported Travel Pulse.
Officers confiscated the weapon before returning it to its owner, an unidentified Air Force sergeant.

After agents located the man, he claimed the weapon contained no explosive materials and had previously been inspected by military officials.

But the item was confiscated because it potentially contained pressurized gas and was banned on the soldier’s connecting commercial flight.
On Monday, TSA agents found a missile launcher in the checked bag of a military veteran who was bringing his weapon home from Kuwait as a souvenir.

Last edited:
For F sake, that’s not a launcher for a rocket. It’s the F’ing tube the rocket is stored in until loaded/used. They fire them off the back of the new AC-130s.

More than likely this guy was an ordie for a unit or something and they kept a keepsake.

For F sake, that’s not a launcher for a rocket. It’s the F’ing tube the rocket is stored in until loaded/used. They fire them off the back of the new AC-130s.

More than likely this guy was an ordie for a unit or something and they kept a keepsake.

In think they're using stock photos. The photos in the previous article also had a picture of a Griffin storage tube. At least this time they gave the man his stuff back, and gave a better reason for refusing it (compressed gas).

Do I bite, do I bite.... ah nope.

I’m to full of cake from Colonel retiring.

Not trying to troll, and I wish it wasn't the case. Goes without saying that it's a small fraction of the larger group who come home without mental health or other challenges.

Since the US military remains the largest training ground for domestic terrorists, maybe we shouldn’t laugh this off.

We have guidance from on high as to what guidons we can carry in the cabin, due, I suppose, to their potential stabbiness. The nation is Secure.

When you say you're not trying to troll does that mean you can troll so well that it takes no effort?

Ha! Fair point.

It's taboo to talk about, but our country has a long history of training young men to kill, sending them into horrific conditions, bringing them home with a weak support network (health, job, etc.) and expecting them to proceed on course from there.

For what it's worth, I put most of that blame on the rest of us.

It's taboo to talk about, but our country has a long history of training young men to kill, sending them into horrific conditions, bringing them home with a weak support network (health, job, etc.) and expecting them to proceed on course from there.

It is extremely concerning, and it is our fault.

Since the US military remains the largest training ground for domestic terrorists, maybe we shouldn’t laugh this off.

Well, we kinda have to train the military. That’s like saying it’s JC’s fault someone joined the group and turned out to be an illegitimate poster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! Fair point.

I guess I didn't understand your original statement on this thread. Are you saying that most veterans come back from deployment with PTSD and other mental health issues?

Some members of the public assume that the majority of veterans have these issues while that is not even close to the truth. Experiencing combat and the associated stressors does not necessarily lead to a disorder. Also most veterans never experienced combat, especially in the last 7 to 8 years.

The public perception about the majority of veterans having PDST leads to some service taking on either a victim mentality and/or using it as an excuse for disability benefits.

I guess I didn't understand your original statement on this thread. Are you saying that most veterans come back from deployment with PTSD and other mental health issues?

Some members of the public assume that the majority of veterans have these issues while that is not even close to the truth. Experiencing combat and the associated stressors does not necessarily lead to a disorder. Also most veterans never experienced combat, especially in the last 7 to 8 years.

The public perception about the majority of veterans having PDST leads to some service taking on either a victim mentality and/or using it as an excuse for disability benefits.

No, what I meant was that a disproportionately large share of domestic terrorist acts and mass shootings in the U.S. are committed by U.S. veterans - more so than other employers.

Obviously it's a small portion that come back with PTSD or other issues - but certainly more than leave four years of college with such symptoms.

This comes from a place of empathy for veterans - not vitriol.

No, what I meant was that a disproportionately large share of domestic terrorist acts and mass shootings in the U.S. are committed by U.S. veterans - more so than other employers.

Obviously it's a small portion that come back with PTSD or other issues - but certainly more than leave four years of college with such symptoms.

This comes from a place of empathy for veterans - not vitriol.

I get what you're saying now. I didnt interrupt your first post correctly about the number of veterans having PTSD.

Back