Seattle Area Scenic Flight Recommendations

AA34

I’ll be in Seattle this week and was hoping to get up and see the city from the air. Anyone have recommendations of a good shop? I have my private/inst so I’d like to fly as well but all I can find so far is passenger only type stuff. Thanks!!

Roach harbor

Walk to the restaurant pictured below. MAKE SURE you are seated for colors. One of the better meals I've had. We were seated on the glass and colors was amazing.

rochefromwest.jpg

mcmillans-seen-from-the.jpg

Last edited:
If I found myself in the land of grunge and heroin I would probably want to fly over the Mt. St. Helens area. I saw St. Helens in the summer of '77 before it blew up. Even at that young age it stunned me. It was probably the most beautiful mountain I've ever seen, and the whole area - Spirit Lake was like its own reflecting pool. Had a Coke at Harry S. Truman's lodge and sat on the porch looking at the mountain. Would love to see the area now.

If I found myself in the land of grunge and heroin I would probably want to fly over the Mt. St. Helens area. I saw St. Helens in the summer of '77 before it blew up. Even at that young age it stunned me. It was probably the most beautiful mountain I've ever seen, and the whole area - Spirit Lake was like its own reflecting pool. Had a Coke at Harry S. Truman's lodge and sat on the porch looking at the mountain. Would love to see the area now.
It's gorgeous! One of our favorite camping spots is up on St. Helens.

Back in the bad old days it was customary to put one’s wingtip in the crater and fly around it between Seattle and PDX.

Much farther. ;)

It wasn't so much a slum as it was full of semi-abandoned light industrial buildings mixed in with parking lots and vacant lots with deteriorating roads and a general depressing half abandoned feel to it. Though getting off I-5 at Mercer and seeing the pink Lincoln's Toe Truck at the end of the offramp was one bright spot in amongst the urban blight.

021111pinktoetruck_6452244_ver1.0.jpg

Back