Sea Plane Add-on

This place is in an absolutely incredible setting south of Anchorage. I don't know anything about the operation other than that.

I got mine there. It is absolutely stunning. Vern Kingsford is also an awesome instructor, he really makes you think. He is a very experience bush pilot, and I do not say that about many people at all.

It's a fun rating to get. I used to teach it and have owned to different seaplanes. Insurance is the big problem with letting low time guys rent. If you flip one over, the recovery can be very difficult and expensive. Also, running wings into dock plyons and the like is very easy to do.

http://www.seaplanes.org/training/schools/NC.htm

speed bird aviation is the name of the FBO, I did mine in August 08, 1300 w/out examiner.

C-180 converted for floats. Old old airplane but a great one.

go for it, was a blast.
one day of training, check ride the next morning and be out my noon.

It was very fun but very serious business. I would not teach ASES, though i can, until I get a lot more time on floats.

For the AMES course we use a Beech 18 on straight floats. Very nice to look at but the panel is a little dated. But hell, the thing is practically a warbird!

How much training time is included in your quoted prices? Does is help to do both the single & multi together? I would love to get some time in you -18!

No pics of the BE-18 online at this time, but we're working on it.

For the single engine seaplane course, you get five to six hours of flight time. For the multi engine sea, you will recieve another five to six hours. Seems expensive, but the BE-18 costs $800.00/hour to opperate, not including the ground crew on the beach.

The owners may be able to discount a little off both courses, but the best way to save some money here is to pay with cash. Cash payments save almost $200.00 off the total cost for both courses.

I've always wanted to go get my ASES rating but there is no places i the DFW area to go. I think the closest place to DFW is DWH in Houston. If anyone knows of a place closer please tell me.

I really would like to take a vacation up to Alaska and get it done there.

Jacksboro Aviation in Jacksboro TX northwest of DFW and north of Mineral Wells. He has a 46 Chief on Straight floats. Last I heard he was fighting with the city about using the lake. (They passed and ordinance against it, even though the State of Texas says they can't)

I've got a number and his study guide around here somewhere??? If you want it, let me know and I'll look for it.

I've always wanted to go get my ASES rating but there is no places i the DFW area to go. I think the closest place to DFW is DWH in Houston. If anyone knows of a place closer please tell me.

I really would like to take a vacation up to Alaska and get it done there.

Knowing that you're also a golfer, Ryan...

There is a resort up in Minnesota that combines a golf vacation AND a floatplane ticket. They've got a cherry-red Supercub on floats. I can't remember which flying mag did the article on them but it was pretty recent, and as I recall, the inclusive packages for it were very reasonably priced.

Think about it. Fly in the morning. On floats. Then go play 18 holes. Repeat.

Knowing that you're also a golfer, Ryan...

There is a resort up in Minnesota that combines a golf vacation AND a floatplane ticket. They've got a cherry-red Supercub on floats. I can't remember which flying mag did the article on them but it was pretty recent, and as I recall, the inclusive packages for it were very reasonably priced.

Think about it. Fly in the morning. On floats. Then go play 18 holes. Repeat.

Where's the info on this? Sounds like a lot of fun..

Back