School Project

SFCC/UND

Hello all, I'm doing a school project and I would like some feedback from different people. I just want to make my paper a little more interesting because I don't have any charter experience. I have narrowed it down too four airplanes Astra 200, Citation Sovereign, Hawker 900XP, and the Lear 60XR. Any ideas how much these babies run per hour? But my real question is, would it be cheaper to fly on an airline or on one of these airplanes? Keep in mind I have to pay airplane, pilots, fuel, hanger, maintenance, and so on. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, I know this is going to be a fun paper.:)

I'm sure many others will point this out as well, you'll also need to figure time savings and productivity for the person or company paying for the charter. The overall cost may be more, but they are also looking at how long there employees will be non-productive. ie:drive time, being there early enough to get though security, can they land closer to their destination than the closest commercial airport etc. etc.

I'm sure many others will point this out as well, you'll also need to figure time savings and productivity for the person or company paying for the charter. The overall cost may be more, but they are also looking at how long there employees will be non-productive. ie:drive time, being there early enough to get though security, can they land closer to their destination than the closest commercial airport etc. etc.

:yeahthat:

Another thing to think about is the number of people you are transporting. If you did use the airlines, would it be a first class ticket? Would you utilize a car service to drop them off and pick them up? (You would probably also do in a chartered plane.)

I'll send you a PM with some info on a Hawker.

Thanks to all for your comment. The fake company is paying over $70,000 in first class tickets. And I have to figure out if owning an private airplane is a good idea or not.

Some good information has already been given, so I'll just expand a little. Much of the time, the actual costs will be more expensive for any given trip using a corporate/chartered airplane. There are times when on a per seat basis, it would actually come out less expensive, but overall, the dollar figures will be more. On that note, you must take into consideration the value of the time for those traveling via corporate aircraft.

The mission must also be determined. If the client/boss visits mostly major cities, then his time will probably have to be worth a lot more since airline flights are readily available between major metropolitan areas. Our company for example, owns several companies in small towns that are not served by the airlines, so use of a corporate aircraft is a huge time saver.

Another consideration is the productivity of the passengers. The boss will undoubtedly be more productive in the corporate airplane where it can spread his things out, and discuss confidential business details with other company individuals - something he would not be able to effectively do on an airliner.

I don't have any numbers as far as operating costs for those aircraft, but if you go to www.avbuyer.com you can search the online version of their magazine and find direct operating costs for most planes out there. Keep in mind it's nothing official, but a basic guide - and it doesn't include pilot salaries, maintenance, insurance, hangar, etc... just the direct cost of operating the aircraft. The aircraft you listed are probably all in the Mid-size section. Each month they have a different category (turboprop, light jet, mid-size jet, etc...)

Hope this helps.

Back